What could be better than having a big slice of a rich, dense, fudgy brownie with a glass of milk? Totally heavenly. In fact, when it comes to brownies I am someone who prefers the fudgy ones over the cakey ones since the chocolatey flavour in the fudgy ones is much more intense. And today I am going to share with you one of my most favourite recipe of the fudgy chocolate brownie. These brownies make for a perfect indulgent dessert and even as a gift. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with the recipe.
- Butter- 1 cup
- Dark chocolate- 3 cups (chopped)
- Cocoa powder- ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp.
- Eggs- 3
- All-purpose flour- 1/3 cup
- Espresso powder/instant coffee- 1 tsp.
- 1. Before you begin with preparing the batter for the brownies, preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- 2. Melt the butter and the dark chocolate in a double boiler or you can also melt them in the microwave. Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave, stir the contents and again put it in the microwave for another 7-10 seconds.
- 3. Transfer the butter and the chocolate mixture to a mixing bowl and add the cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract to it. Mix all the ingredients really well.
- 4. Let the mixture cool down a bit and then add the eggs to the mixture one by one. Make sure that you add one egg and then combine it uniformly with the other ingredients and then only add another one.
- 5. Slowly add the flour to the chocolate, butter and eggs batter. mix well.
- 6. Now add the espresso or the coffee powder and mix again.
- 7. Transfer the batter to a greased and lined 8-inch baking tin and put it in the oven.
- 8. Cook the brownies at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- 9. Poke a toothpick in the centre of the brownie. If a lot of liquidy batter sticks to the toothpick, then you need to cook the brownies further for 5 more minutes. But if the batter is just sticky and gooey, then your brownies are done. If you cook them any further they will turn out to be dry and not fudgy.
- 10. When cooked remove the brownie tin from the oven and let the brownies cool down completely. Cut the brownies into squares and serve the brownies at room temperature or warmed up.
Image Source: ofbatteranddough
Also Read: Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe