In women, over the time the breast starts to lose their elasticity and suppleness and begin to sag. Breast sagging starts usually when the woman reaches the age of 40 or more, but in certain cases, women at a very young age starts developing saggy breasts (even in their 20’s). Some of the factors which lead to saggy breasts are improper care, negligence, breastfeeding, childbirth, age, nutritional deficiencies, wrong sized bras, medical conditions and of course gravity plays a major role.
Most women would go for some sort of medical treatment such as breast augmentation. But these processes are super expensive and time-consuming. But a better idea is to try using some of the home remedies which will really help you in getting rid of (or preventing) saggy breasts.
Scroll down to check one by one:
1. Eat nutritious food- your breasts too are a part of your body and thus, need proper nutrition in order to maintain the proper health of your breasts. Thus, make sure to include food items that are rich in vitamins, proteins, calcium, carbohydrates, minerals and essential healthy fats. In order to get enough of the above-mentioned nutrients make sure to include carrots, tomatoes, onions, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, garlic so as to maintain the proper shape of your breasts.
Image Source: purelyinspired
2. Perform exercises- one more thing that can really help you in firming up your breasts are chest exercise. These exercises help in toning out the connective tissues present in the breast and thus helps in preventing sagging. Along with that, these exercises also help in lifting up the breasts, giving them a more lifted appearance. Some of the exercises that can really help with this problem are chest press, arms raise, pushups, dumbbell fly, etc.
3. Massage your breasts- Massaging your breast on a regular basis can help in firming them and reduce sagging. Massage your breast for at least 15 minutes a day while making sure that you are following an upward motion. The repeated massage will improve the blood flow to the breasts. This would also strengthen the connective tissues while preventing sagging and improving the shape of the breast.
To start with the massage, you need some sort of oil (almond or olive oil). Pour out some oil onto your palms and rub them together so that they are nicely warmed up. Now use your warmed up hands to massage your breasts in an upward motion. Continue the massage for at least 15 minutes. Do make sure that your hands are warm throughout the whole massage, therefore, keep them rubbing at regular interval.
4. Try ice massage- this may sound a bit weird, but ice can really help in toning up the breast area. You don’t really have to do much for this one and all you need are some ice cubes. Take the ice cubes and rub them over your breast area in circular motions. You can also try the alternate way to do it. Just wrap some ice cubes in a cotton cloth and then use it to massage your breast. But make sure you don’t overdo it. One-minute massage on each breast is enough.
5. Apply essential oil- there are several oils which are very rejuvenating in nature, such as spearmint oil, fennel seed oil, carrot oil, cypress oil and lemongrass oil and thus can really help in firming up sagging breasts. The best way to use these oils is by adding them to a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil and then use them for the purpose of massaging. Essential oils are very concentrated and thus should not be used on their own.
6. Use breast firming mask- just the way we use face masks for toning and tightening the facial skin the same way you can use breast firming masks to tighten the skin around the breast area. You can make these masks at home and use these at least once a week to get desired results. Some of the breast firming masks are as follows:
- Egg and vitamin E oil mask- to make this mask you need to combine 1 tbsp. yogurt along with 1 tbsp. vitamin E oil and one egg white. Mix all the ingredients well and apply this mask over your breast area. Let the mask dry for at least 30 minutes. Once the mask is dry wash it off with cold water.
- Egg and cucumber mask- in a food processor put 1 cup cucumber, 1 tbsp. of milk cream and an egg white. Blend all the ingredients well to make a uniform paste. Keep the mixture overnight in the refrigerator and the next day apply it onto your breasts. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes before washing it off with plain water.
7. Avoid these mistakes- along with the above-mentioned remedies, there are certain things that you must avoid doing in order to prevent this condition. This include:
- Wrong sized bras- a wrong sized bra not only make your breast look weird, but can also lead to breast sagging. Thus, it is very important to select the right size of the bra. If you don’t know how to determine your perfect size, then there a lot of expert advice available online to choose your perfect size. You can take help from them.
- Dieting- dieting alone is not going to help you in anyway. Dieting should always be coupled with a proper workout in order to see results. Sudden weight loss can also result in sagging breasts so make sure not to get involved in any sort of unhealthy eating or exercise routine.