The night of the first Monday of May is the most anticipated night of the year and here it comes. It marks the celebration of the biggest fashion event- Met Gala which is hosted by the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York for supporting its Costume Institute.
Each year all of us wait with bated breath to see the best looks of our celebs at the Met Gala Red Carpet. The theme for this year’s Met Gala is “Camp: Notes on Fashion”.
2019 Met Gala saw quite a few Indian women on its red carpet. Curious to know who these women are? Read on to know about them
• She attended the Mat Gala 2019 looking gorgeous. She donned a giant gown in bubble pink color which was designed by designer Zac Posen.
• The outfit was embellished with 3D printed pieces which looked like embroidery. She literally looked like a barbie doll.
• Her hair looked voluminous styled like a Hollywood diva from the 60s. Her high puffed ponytail surely turned heads.
• She went for bold berry lips, round gold earrings and magenta eye shadow that rounded off her look. The actor styled herself perfectly in accordance with the theme of the event- Camp: Note on Fashion
• The 36-year-old actress wore mesh and sheer Dior Haute Couture silver gown with vibrant and colourful feathered ruffles coupled with a matching cape.
• The dress even had a thigh-high slit beneath which the actor wore silver polka-dotted tights. The look was completed with a spiked silver crown, which complimented the outfit perfectly
• She attached the feathered hem cape to the outfit.
• Priyanka’s team of hairstylists finished her look with afro curls completed with a crown like a piece.
• Isha Ambani walked the red carpet on May 6 at the Met Gala 2019. For the occasion, Isha donned a lilac coloured plunging neckline haute couture gown by Prabal Gurung
• She slayed the theme with her gown, featuring feather motifs all over the skirt and embellishments on the torso of the gown.
• Her gown also featured a gorgeous long train which also had feathery motifs that were embroidered on it.
• She accessorised her mind-boggling princess-like look with a diamond necklace, drop earrings and rings.
• Isha added a bit of oomph and drama to her otherwise simple but glamorous look with shimmery eyeshadow, dramatic kohled eyes, glowing bronze-hued make-up and nude lips.
• Natasha Poonawalla’s fashion choices have always stood out and this icy blue Dundas number she picked for Met Gala 2019 did not disappoint
• To match up to the theatrics on the red carpet, Poonawalla chose a gown that came with a crystal embellished minidress worn with a detachable draped skirt in icy blue. A silver belt helped cinch the look together.
• Poonwalla’s look was rounded off with a diamond maang tikka and tie-up shoes.
So, these were the Indian women who absolutely nailed the Met Gala 2019 with the look perfectly according to the theme. These women simply stole the show and once again made us proud.