Life is the journey of passing milestones and there are times when we have to deal with highs and lows too. But it happens to everyone and we must always be prepared and charged up to make the most of it.
We all have 24 hours in a day, but then why some people could get so much work done in those 24 hours while others can get just their basic tasks completed. Why? What is that which separates the go-getters from the normal crowd? The difference is that the go-getters have over the time learned the art of managing their time efficiently. They manage their time in such a way that they can get more number of tasks done in those 24 hours.
So you see there is no rocket science involved here. You just need to learn how to manage your time, that’s it. But if you are clueless as if how to do it, then don’t worry. We are here to help you.
Below we have mentioned 10 simple ways which you can include in your daily routine to utilize your time better and to make your day super productive.
1. Decide your clothes a night before- No matter how tired you are at night it is always a good idea to decide your clothes that you are going to wear the next morning. Leaving this task for the next morning, you will waste your valuable time looking for the right clothes for that day. Also, if your clothes need some ironing action do that at night as well.
2. Schedule your day beforehand- Your day can become so much more productive if you already have your daily tasks scheduled at a specific time. According to experts, “every minute spent in planning saves you 10 minutes in execution”. So why not spend a few minutes in planning your day so that you are left with enough time to get other incomplete tasks done. Even a better idea is to plan a whole week in advance. This will save you a lot of time and you will get a hold of your time. But if it seems like that a whole week is in too much to plan ahead, then just stick to the one day ahead planning. Make sure to spend some time every night in scheduling your next day.
3. Prepare a master list- This list will contain all the tasks that you are entitled to do. The ones that are not included in the list won’t get done. So all the tasks that you have incorporated into your master to-do list need to be done as scheduled and you also need to keep it updated at all times.
Image Source: wordpress
4. Get up 2 hours earlier- It has been proved that a majority of people are the most productive during the first 2 hours after waking up. Hence, this time should be spent doing the most important tasks. But this is just what the stats say as this may vary for various people. Some people are more productive in the afternoon others at evening and some even at late nights. So the key here is to find the time that suits you and when you are most productive. Also waking up this early will ensure that you get a head start and will get most of your work done way before your scheduled time.
5. Meditate- This may sound very clichéd but meditation does help a lot. Take out 5 minutes from your schedule and meditate. It will not only relax your mind and body, during this time you can also visualize your whole day.
6. Have a proper breakfast- This looks like a very obvious one, but there are a lot of people who don’t really eat a proper breakfast while some people don’t even eat breakfast at all. So many times we have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that is said so because eating breakfast gives your metabolism a boost and keeps your energy level high throughout the day while skipping breakfast can make you feel lethargic. On days when you don’t have time to sit down and eat breakfast, take it along with you.
Image Source: ndtvimg
7. Utilize your time well- We all have 24 hours every day, then what is that which separates the successful people from the normal people. Well, the only thing that makes a difference here is the way you utilize your time. While you are in the metro or in your car on the way to work, instead of listening songs, try listening to an audiobook or a podcast. There are several audio courses for improving your diction and pronunciation or you can also learn a new language. There are a lot of choices available all you have to do is to take the plunge.
8. Don’t get interrupted- Once you reach your workplace the main aim should be to get your work done on time and to get your targets achieved. The best way to do that is to isolate yourself from the rest of the people and just concentrate on your work. Though it is always nice to participate in the talks that are taking place around you, but that’s not going to make you more productive. For getting social, you have a weekend. Use those days to socialize with people, but on weekdays, getting your tasks done should be your priority. But then you don’t want to act rude so it is better to tell your co-workers and office friends about it and hopefully, they will understand.
9. Prioritize faster- Even the best planning can go into a waste when sudden important tasks appear from out of nowhere. This situation can be very frustrating at times. But being frustrated is not going to help you here, but the thing that is actually going to work here is prioritizing your tasks. If you can prioritize your tasks accordingly you can still get all your tasks done in the stipulated time.
10. Learn to say NO- This is one is really important if you want to turn yourself into a successful and more productive person. Learn to say no. Say no to things which you are not eligible or entitled to do. When you say yes to a task that is not your job you are wasting that time, which you may have spent in a more effective way of getting your own tasks done, spending time with your family. Going on a date or anything else for that matter.