Bad breath can be a huge turn-off. Not only people try to avoid being in close proximity with such people but it also depicts poor hygiene. But luckily there are ways to get rid of this problem. Below we have mentioned some of the reasons that might be responsible for your bad breath as well as some fixtures for the same.
1. Poor oral hygiene- Maintaining a proper oral hygiene is very important if you want to avoid bad breath. Make it a point to brush your teeth twice a day to keep oral problems at bay. Also, don’t forget to floss regularly as this will get rid of the food residue stuck in the crevices of your teeth.
Image Source: wordpress
2. Caffeine- There is a bad news for coffee addicts. Coffee is one of the major culprits when it comes to bad breath. Caffeine or coffee, in general, leaves your mouth dehydrated which then leads to bad mouth odour or bad breath. The only solution available here is to reduce your coffee intake or quit drinking coffee.
Image Source: com
3. Alcohol- Your day may not be complete without having a glass or two of wine but let me tell you that alcohol can also cause bad breath. Just as coffee alcohol too dries up your mouth thus leading to mouth odour. Try to avoid drinking alcohol as much as possible if you want to get rid of this problem.
Image Source: belmontcountyhealth
4. Sleeping issues- Some people have this habit of sleeping with their mouth wide open which dries up their mouth and thus leads to bad breath. If you have any such habit, then try to sleep more attentively. If you have a cold and cannot breathe through your nose use nasal drops to open up your blocked nose but do not breathe through your mouth.
Image Source: ikrasotka
5. Chewing gums- Cavities are also responsible for bad mouth odour or bad breath. The sugar-free gums that you eat after having meals in order to avoid cavities and bad breath are one of the major reasons for getting cavities. These chewing gums lead to the growth of bacteria which leads to cavities. These may give you temporary relief but can be the real culprit in the long run.
Image Source: dentalcentervietnam
6. Medicines- There are certain medicines which may result in a bad breath. If you are on any sort of medication and you are experiencing bad breath, then it might be because of that particular medicine. Now the bad part here is that you cannot stop taking the medicine but you can take care of your oral hygiene and keep your mouth clean in order to reduce the intensity.
Image Source: cdnds
7. Eating junk food- The food that you eat also has a say in your oral hygiene. Eating too much of junk food can also be the reason behind your bad breath. Junk food can totally mess up your health as well as lead to bad breath.