The recipe that I am going to share with you today is the perfect appetizer/snack recipe for your parties, get together or even as a tea time snack. This corn cheese balls recipe is very easy to follow and comprises of the most basic ingredients. Here is a step by step recipe of the same.
Also Read: Cheese Balls Recipe
Potato- 1 large (boiled and peeled)
Corn- 3/4th cup
Processed cheese- ½ cup
Crushed black pepper- ½ tsp.
Dried basil- ½ tsp.
Dried oregano- ½ tsp.
Garlic paste- ½ tsp.
All-purpose flour- 4 tbsp.
Salt- as per taste
1. Steam the corn in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles with 2 cups water.
2. Once the corn is cooked, allow it to cool down. Drain all the excess water from the corn and set aside.
3. In a big mixing bowl, mash the potato.
4. To the potato add the cooked corn, processed cheese, garlic paste, black pepper and salt.
5. Add the dried oregano and the basil along with the all-purpose flour.
6. Mix all the ingredients really well and check the seasoning. Add more to adjust the mixture to your liking.
7. Divide the mixture into small portions and make small balls of it.
8. Heat oil in a kadhai. To check the temperature of the oil, add a small piece of the corn cheese mixture in the oil. The mixture should come to the surface slowly and gradually. Also, the mixture should not brown up too quickly.
9. When the oil is the right temperature, add the corn cheese balls to the oil and cook on a medium flame.
10. cook on one side of the balls until golden in colour. Then gently flip the balls to the other side and cook this side until golden and crisp.
11. When the corn cheese balls are evenly cooked from all the sides, remove them on a kitchen paper towel to drain the excess oil.
12. Fry all the prepared corn cheese balls in a similar manner.
13. Serve the corn cheese balls with mint coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Also Read: Yummy Cheese Paratha Recipe