Body odour can be a huge turn off as well as a very embarrassing problem. It may not sound like a very serious issue to you but it is so for the people who are suffering from it. It prevents them from going out with people or getting too close to people. Body odour has the tendency to even break the confidence and self-esteem of the most confident person.
Most of the people think that body odour is the result of excessive sweating but in reality, it is the bacteria mixed with sweat that leads to body odour. But thankfully there are certain tips which may help you prevent body odour and go out with full confidence.
1. Shave often- For those people who are fed up with this nasty problem, it is very important to know the main source which is actually leading to this problem. For most people it is their underarm area which is the main culprit behind their body odour problem. Your underarms are the area that sweats a lot and the bacteria gets trapped in their causing body odour. And if your underarms are hairy then things might get very smelly. Thus, it is very important to keep your underarms shaved or waxed at all times in order to avoid body odour.
Image Source: huffpost
2. Use lemons- Lemons are also a great remedy for getting rid of the bad odour. Applying lemon juice on your underarm area will prevent the bacteria from breeding as the lemon juice is very acidic in nature and thus will prevent body odour.
Image Source: huffpost
3. Corn starch- In order to use cornstarch to get rid of body odour you need to combine it with lemon juice. Mix lemon juice and cornstarch and make a paste. Apply the paste all over your body and then rub it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse it with water. The corn starch is known to restrict the growth of bacteria to a great extent.
Image Source: mrkooldrink
4. Take a shower daily- In order to wash away the sweat and bacteria, it is very important that you take a shower every day. Use an anti-bacterial soap or body wash to wash away the accumulated sweat and bacteria. Emphasise more on areas which are more prone to sweat such as the folds of your body, neck and the private parts.
Image Source: popsugar-assets
5. Use a deodorant- If you are dealing with the problem of body odour and don’t want to get embarrassed in front of others then do use an antiperspirant or deodorant to smell good all day long. Keep a deodorant handy at all times in your handbag for regular touch-ups.
Image Source: lifegoesgreen
6. Avoid eating too much spicy food- Try to avoid eating too much spicy food or food that has been cooked with lots of onion and garlic as these can add up to the body odour. Even if you love eating spicy food cut down on the spice content to prevent this problem. Also, cut down on the consumption of alcohol and caffeine as these can make you sweat profusely.
Image Source: indiatimes
7. Use basil- Basil is not only helpful in treating flu and cold, it is also very effective in treating body odour. All you have to do is crush some basil leaves and add a few drops of tea tree oil to it. Apply this paste on your underarms and let it rest for a couple of minutes before washing it off with water.
Image Source: mercola
8. Stay hydrated- Drinking ample amount of water is very important in order to flush out all the toxins from your body. Drinking 2-3 litres of water a day will ensure that your body is free from all the toxins.
Image Source: essentialoilsanctuary
9. Dry your body properly- It is easier for bacteria to dwell in moisture and thus when you leave your body parts wet or moist it is easier for the bacteria to breed in that area. When your body is dry there is no way the bacteria may breed.
Image Source: huffingtonpost
10. Use ACV and baking soda- Apple cider vinegar and baking soda combined together work really well for preventing the body odour. The apple cider vinegar helps in killing the odour causing bacteria and the baking soda works as an antiperspirant.