The Kadhi Pakora recipe is a very simple recipe made with fried fritters which are soaked in a thick curd or besan gravy. This recipe belongs to both Rajasthani and Punjabi cuisine. This dish is very rich in flavours and the pakoras added to it, makes it more tempting.
This recipe of Kadhi Pakora is very simple and easy to prepare at home. You can also serve this dish with roti and rice.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of Kadhi Pakora.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients needed for making Kadhi Pakora:
For making Pakoras:
• Water- 1/4th cup
• Besan (gram flour)- 1 bowl (medium)
• Salt- according to taste
• Onions- 2 (chopped)
• Potatoes- 1 (in cubes)
• Green Chillies- 2 teaspoons
• Chilli powder- 3 teaspoons
• Jeera (cumin seeds)- 2 teaspoons
• Coriander- 1 cup (chopped)
For making Kadhi:
• Water-1 litre
• Curd- 500 grams
• Besan (gram flour)- 4 tablespoons
• Chilli Powder- 3 teaspoons
• Dried Chilli- 2 (large)
• Green Chilli- 2 tablespoons (chopped)
• Garlic cloves- 3 (peeled)
• Turmeric powder- pinch
• Hing (Asafoetida)- a pinch
• Ghee-1 teaspoon
• Mustard seeds- 3 teaspoons
• Fenugreek seeds- 1teaspoon
• Curry leaves- 2 (dry and large)
• Salt- to taste
• Ginger- 1 teaspoon (grated)
• Jeera (cumin seeds)- 1 teaspoon
• Kasoori Methi- for garnish
Now how to make Kadhi Pakora:
• First, take a bowl and then add potatoes with onion in it.
• Now, add salt, cumin seeds, green chillis, and chilli powder to it.
• Then, add besan and water to it and mix well.
• Add coriander and form a thick batter.
• In the meantime, take a pan and put oil to heat.
• Once the oil is heated put small dollops of the pakora batter and fry them till they get golden brown.
• Now, take another bowl and pour curd in it with besan.
• Add garlic cloves, ginger, salt, turmeric and green chillies to the curd and mix them thoroughly.
• Blend the curd mixture and form a smooth texture.
• Take a pan and add ghee to it with asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it splutter.
• After that add curry leaves, fenugreek seeds and dried red chillies.
• Now, add red chilli powder with the blended curd.
• And stir it continuously to avoid lumps.
• Let it cook for 10-15 minutes and form a thick gravy.
• Later, add the pakoras to the gravy and cook it for a minute.
• And finally, garnish it with kasoori methi.
• Your Kadhi Pakora is ready to be served.
Try this simple recipe of Kadhi Pakora at home and treat your family and friends.