We all love to have something spicy and delicious during the monsoon season. Keeping this in mind, we thought of sharing a quick red rice khichdi recipe that will surely curb your craving. Made with red rice and spices, this is a healthy recipe that you should definitely try at home.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients Needed for Red Rice Khichdi Recipe:
• Green gram dumplings- 1/2 cup
• Potato (diced) -1 medium
• Green chilli (chopped) -1
• Cloves- 2
• Peppercorns- 3
• Dry red chilli- 1
• Cinnamon stick- 1/2 inch
• Curry leaves- 4
• Asafoetida- 1/2 pinch
• Rice- 6 tablespoons
• Salt- as per requirement
• Water- 1 1/2 cup
• Ghee- 1 1/2 tablespoons
Also read: Try This Quick Spicy Coconut Noodles Recipe
Now, How to Make Red Rice Khichdi:
• First, take a pressure cooker and place it over medium flame.
• Now, add some ghee to it.
• Once the ghee is hot enough, add cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, dry red chilli, cloves, asafoetida and curry leaves.
• Stir all the ingredients and cook them for few seconds.
• Then, add the rice and mix all the ingredients.
• After that, add water with salt and green chilli.
• Bring it to a boil.
• Once boiled, add green grams, potato to cooker.
• Now, close the lid of the cooker and cook till 2 whistles.
• After that, lower the heat and let the khichdi cook for another 15 minutes.
• Now, turn off the flame and wait for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
• And your red rice khichdi is ready to be served.