Relationships are tricky. If you want your relationship to work and last for a long time, then you have to put in a lot of efforts. When talking about efforts, both the partners are supposed to put in an equal amount of dedication to make their relationship a stronger one. There are always certain do’s and don’ts that you have to keep in mind. One of the don’ts that is emphasized a lot is not expecting too much. But no one really knows how much is too much. All we can tell that are the things that you can and in fact, you should expect when in a relationship. Here are they:
1. Affection- It doesn’t matter how many times you tell your partner that you love them; if you fail to convey the same by your actions. There are several options to choose from when you want to show your affection towards your other half. Hugs and kisses are free, so why to let them go to waste? Kiss/hug your partner at random times to show your affection. Other options include cooking a meal for your partner (even if you are not a great cook) or writing a love letter (WhatsApp messages can never decipher romance like a love letter).
Image Source: huffpost
2. Respect- You can really tell that you are in a matured and the right kind of relationship when both the partners respect each other. It is not something you can ask for and thus has to come from within. Though it is one of the most basic requirements of a healthy relationship but unfortunately a majority of them lack this quality. So if you are expecting respect from your partner, you are not asking for a lot.
3. Time- Behind every successful relationship there is a lot of time that has been put into it. To make your relationship grow you have to invest your time in it. This does not mean that your significant other should disturb you all the time or just cling to you all day long, but spending a good amount of time together is definitely a must. Expecting your partner to find some time for you is not an absurd demand.
4. Support- When the whole world is on the other side trying to desert you but you still have that one person by your side, holding you upright. Isn’t that all you want? Someone who can support you through the thick and the thin. Someone who is always there to encourage you and pull you up from the depths of despair that you’ve been sinking in. We all yearn for that support and there is nothing wrong with that.
5. Compassion- Compassion, forgiveness, sympathy, empathy; they all mean one and the same thing. We all are humans and we are bound to make mistakes. But the important thing is that where there is love there is forgiveness. If you really love someone you will never be able to let go off them and that is the great thing about love. Forgive the one you love for they deserve it. But also keep in mind that a mistake can be forgiven only once and if the same mistake is being repeated again and again then it is not a mistake and you need to put some deep thinking into it.
Image Source: co
Also Read: These 8 Compliments Will Make Your Man Blush