Pav Bhaji is a very famous street food which consists of yummy spicy curry which is accompanied with toasted buns. The Mumbai version of Pav Bhaji is very popular among kids and elders and this recipe is very simple and easy to prepare at home.
So, let’s get started with the recipe of Mumbai version of Pav Bhaji.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Ingredients needed for Pav Bhaji:
• Pav buns- 2 packets
• Butter- 1/2 block
• Potato (peeled)- 1 (cut in cubes)
• Water- 2 cups
• Onion (chopped)- 1
• Green peas- 3 tablespoons
• Bell peppers(chopped) -3 tablespoons
• Cauliflower (cut)- 1 cup
• Capsicum (chopped)- 1 cup
• Salt- as per requirement
• Ghee- 2 tablespoons
• Chili powder- 1 1/2 tablespoons
• Pav Bhaji masala- 2 1/2 tablespoons
• Garam masala- 1/2 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
• Tomato puree- 1 cup
• Coriander- 1 cup (chopped)
• Carrot (chopped)- 1/2 cup
• Beans (chopped)- 1 cup
Now, how to make Pav Bhaji:
• First, take a pressure cooker and add potato, green peas, beans, capsicum, cauliflower, bell pepper and carrot.
• Now, add a cup of water and teaspoon of salt to it.
• Then, let it cook till 3 whistles.
• Take a deep bottomed pan and add ghee to it.
• Now, sauté the onions till it gets golden brown.
• Then, add the green peas and bell pepper to the pan.
• Sauté all the ingredients well.
• Add chili powder, salt and garam masala powder and mix thoroughly.
• Now, add tomato puree and stir.
• Then, cook it for 4-5 minutes.
• In the meantime, open the cooker lid and mash all the cooked vegetables.
• Add the mashed vegetables to the pan and mix it well.
• After that add turmeric powder.
• Now, cook it for a while until it starts boiling.
• Then, turn off the lid.
• And garnish it with coriander leaves.
• Now, add butter to the pan.
• Then, slice the pavs and toast them till they get golden brown.
• Your, Mumbai version Pav Bhaji is ready to be served.