Perfectly groomed and painted nails can add so much personality, character and drama to your overall look. And gone are the days when painting nails was all about slathering on just one colour on your nails. The current scenario has changed and the nail trends have changed drastically. Your mind will be blown looking at all these nail trends which are currently reigning the fashion world. Here are some of the nail trends you should definitely give a try.
Also Read: 8 Pretty Nail Art Designs for This Season
1. Pastels- Soft muted colours are here to stay for a very long time. These colours are easy going and are very soothing to the eyes. Colours such as baby pink, lilac, beige, etc. give a very vintage look to the nails.
Image Source: bmodish
2. Reds- Red is a classic colour in terms of everything. From clothes to lipsticks to nail paints, there is no way you can go wrong with red. Red paint has always been in trends despite the current season and trends. Though the key here is to find a red which will look flattering on your hands and you are set.
Image Source: emismanis
3. Oil slick- The oil slick trend is pretty new and is one of the trendiest things right now. Have you seen how the surface of oil sometimes or if you have a layer of oil on the surface of the water, it gives out this rainbow-like effect? This effect is known as the oil slick effect, which is trending in nail art as well as makeup and hair colour.
Image Source: stylebubble
4. Chrome- Chrome nails is another nail trend which is very popular these days. You can see lots of Instagram and Pinterest inspiration for these. chrome nails basically look like a mirror on your nails. Sometimes you can even see your face in them. So cool, isn’t it?
Image Source: nquisitr.
Also Read: FYI: 5 Nail Paints Men Love on Women!
5. Frosted or sand nails- As the name suggests this one mimics the effect of sand on your nails. It appears as if the tiny particles of sand have been placed on your nails, giving your nails the texture of sand.
Image Source: warmvanillasugar
6. Solid colour- Solid colours such as teal, purple, fuchsia, etc. are the colours you must sport during the upcoming season. The best part about solid colours is that they never go out of fashion and are perfect for women who are very low maintenance.