Mud packs are not new to Indians as these have been used by us since ages. Mud packs are the ancient beauty secret that has been passed on to us through generations. Mud packs are the potent remedy for almost all skin related problems and thus have been used since ages by both women and men to keep their skin healthy and treating all sort of skin issues.
But with the advancement of everything the trusty mud packs have also taken a modern twist. Apart from the natural multani mitti, there are several other mud packs available in the market. These are nothing but fuller’s earth combined with other active ingredients and sold by various brands.
We have made a compilation of the best 8 mud packs which are available in India.
1. Himalaya Herbals Oil Care Mud Face Pack- This mud face pack from the brand Himalaya is enriched with khus-khus and walnuts. The presence of walnut helps get rid of blackheads and dead skin cells. On the other hand, khus-khus helps to even out skin tone. This face pack is meant for oily to combination skin. It absorbs the excess oil from the skin making it clean and oil-free. This pack is easily available in the market and is priced decently.
Image Source: indianbeautyhub
2. VLCC mud face pack- This pack comes in a very cute jar and has a quite impressive ingredient list and most of them are natural. Ingredients like mint oil and turmeric extract help in cleansing the skin from within as well as improve the texture of the skin.it sucks out all the impurities and excess oil from the skin. The pack ideal to use on all skin types and is easily available in the market.
Image Source: elle
3. Fabindia Haldi Chandan mud face pack- The brand fabindia is well known for its natural and handcrafted products, and this face pack is no exception. This mud face pack is enriched with turmeric extract. Turmeric has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which help kill all the bacteria thus preventing acne, clear the skin and brighten the complexion. This pack has a divine smell just like sandalwood. This pack is available at all fabindia stores as well as some online stores.
Image Source: makeupandbeauty
4. Biotique Bio Mud Pack- The mud pack retails in a jar packaging. This mud pack is enriched with skin firming properties which can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and thus setting it apart from the other mud packs available in the market. It gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin and the skin feels tight after washing it off.
Image Source: biotique
5. Richfeel mud pack- This pack is a little bit on the expensive side but you get a lot of product for the price. This mud pack is ideal for all skin types. This pack acts as a great deep cleansing and skin brightening product thanks to the presence of calendula extract and fullers earth. Though this pack is not readily available in the market; you can easily buy it from several online stores.
Image Source: indiatimes
6. The body shop seaweed ionic clay mask- This is a deep cleansing mask enriched with algae extract combined with natural ionic clay help to pull out impurities from deep within the skin. It also absorbs the excess oil from the face. It detoxifies and deep cleanses the skin when used on the regular basis. This mask is apt for using on oily to combination skin. People with very sensitive skin should avoid using this mask.
Image Source: photobucket
7. Lotus Claywhite Black Clay Skin Whitening Face Pack- This one is a skin lightening mask and it certainly lives up to its claims of lightening the skin. This face mask has a very smooth texture and spreads easily. It absorbs excess oil from the skin, lighten the skin tone and also removes tan. It also has a nice minty smell to it. The mask is suitable for all skin types. You can purchase this mask at your local beauty store or at online stores.
8. The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask- This mask is a boon for oily and acne prone skin. as the name suggests the mask has tea tree oil as its main active ingredient making it a perfect accompaniment for acne prone skin. this mask soothes the skin and reduces the redness and inflammation of the pimples. it also pulls out the dirt and excess oil from the skin without making it dry or itchy.