Healthy looking nails not only add to our personality but are also a sign of a healthy body. Chipped, weak or broken nails not only look very unattractive but can also make our daily tasks quite impossible. Along with that, trashy nails can ruin your appearance to a great extent. Just imagine yourself dressed up in a very beautiful dress and your nails are untidy, chipped and yellow.
But this is not something which cannot be mended. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet and a hygienic environment manicures are a great way to improve the beauty of your nails. There are so many types of nail manicures that you can try to add beauty to your nails. There are a number of nail salons spread all across the national that can easily take care of all your nail requirements.
The only downside of these nail salons is that these charge a hefty amount in order to get these treatments down. And these are just for the basic manicures or the French manicure. Other manicures can cost you even more, such as gel manicures. These manicures involve intricate details and a lot of precision and thus cost a lot more. But then the gel manicures look so much better than the normal manicures and last for a very long time as compared to the normal ones. But once the gel manicure gets old you have to visit the nail salon again in order to get the nail paint removed, which makes it a not so convenient option.
So what should we do in order to get the nails we desire without spending a lot of money in the salon? Well, you don’t really have to go to the nail salon in order to get a gel manicure as you can do it yourself at the comfort of your home. Not only will this save you a lot of time but also a lot of money as well. This DIY gel manicure is easy to follow, costs less and you can change it whenever you want to.
Thing you need for the manicure:
- 2 bowls filled with warm water
- Mild face wash
- A clean towel
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton pads or balls
- Cuticle remover
- Nail filer
- Nail buffer
- Cuticle pusher
- Hand cream
- A base coat
- Gel nail polish
- Embellishments (optional)
1. The first step is to get your nails clean as you don’t want any old or chipped nail polish onto your nails nor you want any dirt or oil traces. So in order to get your nails clean, pour some nail polish remover onto a cotton ball and clean all your nails.
2. If you think that your nails are too long or need some trimming this is the time when you can do that. Clip off any excess nails and file them to get the desired shape.
3. In order to get a smooth finish buff your nails with a nail buffer.
4. Now comes the soaking part. Take the bowl of warm water, add few drops of your cleanser in the water and soak your hands in it for 4-5 minutes.
5. Pat dry your hands and apply the cuticle remover cream and push the cuticles in using a cuticle pusher. Make sure not to be too harsh.
6. Wipe off the excess cream or cuticles and start with the nail paint application. Start by applying a single layer of the base coat and let it dry completely before starting off with the next step.
7. Once the base coat is dry, apply a thin layer of your coloured gel nail polish onto your nails. Let it dry and then apply a second coat in order get an opaque finish. Make sure the coats are not too thick and don’t go for more than 2 layers of the nail paint.
8. Once you are done with applying your coloured nail paint it is very important to seal the nail paints by applying a top coat. Since we are trying to achieve a gel manicure it would be better to finish off with a gel top coat.
9. So after this, you need to let your nails dry completely. It is better to leave your nails alone for at least half an hour and let the nail polish air dry on its own.
10. After your manicure is dry you can go ahead and add the embellishments and glitter if you want to. Make sure to use glue which is especially meant for the nails.
11. Finish off by applying a moisturizing cream on your hands in order to restore the lost moisture.
12. Your gel manicure is done and ready to flaunt.