Dark skin is often the result of overexposure to the sun, medical condition, pollution, stress, bad lifestyle or due to other such factors. Whatever the reason may be, if you desire to get a fair complexion, follow our below mentioned skin whitening methods to get an even blemish free skin tone.
1. Yogurt- Being a milk product yogurt too has lactic acid in it and thus can be used for skin whitening. Lactic acid is responsible for the bleaching properties of yogurt which help in getting rid of hyperpigmentation. Yogurt also has AHA’s which help acts as an exfoliant and thus help in getting rid of the dead skin cells which give your skin a darker appearance. There are several ways in which you can use yogurt for skin whitening, but the easiest way is to use it on its own without adding any other ingredient to it.
- Take 2-3 tsp of fresh plain yogurt in a bowl.
- Massage the yogurt on your face and neck gently.
- Leave it on for 3-5 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- For best results repeat this remedy every day for a few weeks.
2. Gram flour- Gram flour doesn’t really have any skin lightening properties of its own but it is a great exfoliator which helps in getting rid of the dead skin which is often the reason why your skin looks dull and dark. It also reduces the level of oil secretion.
- For making this gram flour skin whitening mask you need 1 tbsp. gram flour, ½ tsp. honey, 1 tbsp. milk cream and ¼ tsp lemon juice. Combine all the ingredients together to make a face pack.
- Apply this mask on your face and leave it on for 15 -20 minutes or until dry.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- For best results follow twice a week for at least a month.
3. Rice powder- A compound named para-amino benzoic acid (PABA) is found in rice which acts as a natural sunscreen by raising the vitamin C level in the body. Rice also contain antioxidants, ferulic acid along with vitamin C and E. All these together are very helpful in protecting as well as hydrating the skin
- For this particular mask you need, ½ uncooked rice and milk.
- Grind the rice make a fine powder. Mix the required amount of rice powder with milk to make a paste.
- Apply this mask on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a week for best results.
4. Almond oil- Maybe you didn’t know but almond oil has a lot of compounds which help in skin lightening. Phytosterols, minerals, unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins B6, B2, E AND B3 which is also known as niacin. Niacin, in particular, helps in skin lightening by fading away the skin pigmentation, thus revealing a fairer and even complexion. Massage warm almond oil on your face every night before going to bed. Do this every night for at least 2-3 weeks in order to get visible results. Also, if you have oily skin avoid doing this as it may make your skin even oilier.