Guava is a delicious fruit which is found in South East Asia. The aroma and taste are so amazing that you always to have it. But did you know that the leaves also have great medicinal properties? Surprised? Yes, guava leaves can treat grey hair and their regular use gives you black hair.
Guava leaves for grey hair
Guava has a number of essential nutrients that are helpful in stimulating proper blood flow to scalp and the follicles and boosts melanin production, a pigment that gives the hair natural color. Though the natural color of the hair depends upon the genes which you received from the parents, premature graying caused by factors can be treated by using guava leaves, making them for hair graying the perfect solution.
How to use guava leaves for grey hair
- Soak a bunch of guava leaves in warm water for 1-2 hours.
- Grind the guava leaves to make a thick paste out of it.
- Apply the paste to the scalp from roots to tips of the hair and allow it to sit for two hours.
- Wash the hair with a mild shampoo and then repeat this process a number of times a week for the desired results.
Other hair benefits of guava leaves
- Guava leaves are rich in Vitamin C, which boosts collagen activity. It enhances hair growth and also makes the hair strands softer and healthier.
- The antioxidant property present in the guava leaves prevent hair damages up to great extent by fighting against the free radicals causing the hair damage.
- Guava leaves protects the hair from harmful ultraviolet rays of sun.
- Massaging the scalp with crushed guava leaves improves blood pressure and helps the follicles get more nutrition. It definitely results in enhanced hair growth.
- It helps remove dirt and many other impurities from the hair and unclogs the follicles which help prevent oiliness and dandruff.
- The removal of the dirt from the hair smoothens your hair shafts and also makes the hair soft and shiny.
- There are several easy ways of using guava leaves for hair growth. Guava leaves promote the overall health of the scalp. Let us do brief research and understand how guava leaves can be helpful in treating hair problems. In the article, we are going to brief out how to use the guava leaves for hair fall reduction and scalp and hair related problems.
Also Read: Top 8 Beauty Benefits Of Guava Leaves
Guava leaves for hair fall
Hair fall is the condition in which the hair re-growth is less than the scalp loosing the hair. We lose about 50-100 strands of hair every day during the routine activities. Problem may arise when new hair growth is very slow or is there is no growth. This is due to the lack of essential nutrients. Guavas being rich in vitamins like B, C, B2, and B5, manganese and copper helps the hair growth and reduce the hair fall by strengthening the existing strands.
How to use guava leaves for hair fall
- Grind some guava leaves with water to make a thick paste.
- For extra benefits like shiny and soft hair add coconut oil enriched with ayurvedic herbs like Brahmi, Amla, Kapur, Henna, Harhar, lemon, and bahera. The goodness of the coconut in it helps people in rejuvenating the scalp health and also strengthens the hair from the roots to the tips. Say hello to bouncier, softer and shiny hair with coconut hair oil and say goodbye to the hair problems.
- Apply the mixture properly on the head and to the whole length of the hair.
- Keep it for two to three hours or overnight, whatever is suitable to you
- Wash it with a good mild shampoo.
Guava leaves for hair growth
The vitamin C and anti-oxidants have an excellent cleansing effect on scalp and also on the follicles. Removing the excess dirt and chemical residues from store bought shampoo and conditioner promotes hair growth. Moreover, the anti oxidant content of guava leaves could also help in stimulating the blood flow and boosting the hair growth.
How to use guava leaves for hair growth
- Make a smooth paste of the guava leaves by grinding these with water.
- Apply it to your scalp, making sure you cover the entire scalp and absorb all the essential nutritional benefits.
So now you know the benefits of guava leaves for hair, so what are you waiting for? Try some DIY recipes and get silky, smooth and shiny hair or you could also try natural hair oils.