The peel-off base coat is a relatively new product in the market. It is somewhat the relative of the nail polish base coat that we use before applying the nail paint. But the peel off base coat as the name suggests can be peeled off your nails easily and your nail polish is removed. This one is a great option for those who are crazy for glitter nail paints but are also terrified of the removal process. We all know that it can be a real pain to remove glitter nail paints and the nail product brands guessed that too. Thus, the peel off base coat was invented.
But there is a huge drawback associated with the same and that is the availability. Up until now, there are only a few brands which have released this product and all those brands are not available everywhere. Even finding them online can be very tiresome. Sometimes you may find the product online but the seller is located on the other side of the world, this increases the cost which includes shipping and handling, etc. If this explains your dilemma, then we have a good news for you. You can now make your very own peel-off base coat at the comfort of your house without spending a lot.
The main ingredient in a peel off base coat is PVA aka polyvinyl acetate aka crafts glue (fevicol), which is found in almost every house. So, to make your peel off base coat all you need is craft’s glue and an empty nail polish bottle.
1. Start by cleaning the empty nail polish bottle. With the help of a dropper put some acetone in the nail polish bottle and shake it. the acetone will dissolve the excess nail paint. Depending on how much polish is there in the bottle you might have to wash it a few times with the acetone.
2. Wash the clean bottle and the applicator with warm water to get rid of any acetone residue. Place the bottle upside down to dry.
3. Fill the bottle with the crafts glue and put on the lid. your peel off base coat is ready to use.
4. Before applying your glitter nail paint, apply a coat of your DIY peel of base coat and allow it to dry completely.
5. Once it is dry, you can go ahead and apply the nail paint as you normally would.
Also Read: 7 Amazing Tips To Grow Your Nails