Everybody loves pink and pouty lips, but those chemically laden lip balms won’t stay that long. It breaks your heart. You tried out everything which claims to give you pinker and fuller lips in just a week or so. Lip balms, lip scrubs, lips tints and what not! You binged on almost everything available in the market. But when you glanced at the long list of chemicals that went into that tiny little stick, you heard your heartbreak.
You want pink lips but you don’t want to use those chemical laden products. Want to know how? Read the full article for more details.
First Step to Pink Lips-Things Required
As I’ve said earlier, this DIY tinted lip balm doesn’t require too many inputs, here is a short list of things which you need to make this lip balm. Plus, you will find the ingredients conveniently in your kitchen.
•A fresh beetroot
The star ingredient of this lip balm is BEETROOT. We Indians have grown up eating beetroot. No single Indian woman is unaware of the potential that beetroot carries. Rich in iron, this wonder veggie can help you fight anemia, boost your immunity, enhance your stamina, prevent cancer and promote detoxification. It also for our interest contains a deep pink coloured pigment.
If you’ve noticed while cutting beetroot, the knife and out hands to go red with its pigment. It stains almost everything it comes in contact with. So let’s draw some benefits out of this wonder veggie. Make your own all natural, no chemical lip balm which doesn’t cost you even a penny.
No need to jump back to using petroleum jelly this winter, here’s a chemical free lip balm which you can find in your kitchen itself! Which means you don’t need to spend any money! Here’s the recipe to make your own DIY pink tinted lip balm using nothing but coconut oil and beetroot.
The step By step Process-Go Pink!
- Wash the beetroot thoroughly with water to remove the dirt or any traces of pesticides.
- Peel the outer hard layer off. Cut the beetroot into small slices.
- Cut as small as you can. Grind the pieces in a food processor till the pieces are ground to leave behind the watery residue.
- Never add water as it will dilute the consistency of the colour.
- Strain the contents of the grinder. Use a fine strainer to strain out even the fine bits out of the juice.
- Transfer the juice into a clean container. You can also sterilize the container by rubbing alcohol in it.
- You can use an old lip balm case if you have otherwise, any container can be brought to use.
- Make sure that the container is wide-mouthed, as you’ve to use your hands to draw the balm out of it.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the beetroot extract.
- You can adjust the amount of coconut oil to be used by the consistency and the colour you require.
- If you want a sheer lip colour, you can increase the quantity of coconut oil. But the amount of coconut oil used should be more or equal to one teaspoon. Any quantity less than that can cause dryness and flakiness on your lips.
- You can replace the coconut oil with beeswax or the conventional petroleum jelly that you use at home.
- Use a clean teaspoon to stir the mixture properly.
- Place the container in the refrigerator for few hours to solidify it.
- Make a note, you need to store this DIY tinted lip balm in the refrigerator always it is free of preservatives.
- Keeping it out can cause oxidation of oils in it.
- Apply this mixture on your lips.
- At first, you’ll get a sheer pink tint. But as soon as the beetroot pigment oxidizes, your lips will be left behind with a reddish tint.
- You can dab the balm on your lips more after the first application. It depends on the intensity of the colour you want.
And there’s a complementary good news for you if you use this DIY tinted lip balm for one week straight, you’ll get much pinker and softer lips than ever!