Today I am going to share a very healthy recipe; and when I say healthy I mean it. This mushroom soup recipe is wholesome goodness in a bowl. It is filling, healthy and warm which is all that you want for the coming winters. This soup has a very delicate flavour. I haven’t added any cornflour or thickening agents to the soup thus making it healthier and light. You can serve the soup as it is or you can also add some noodles to make it more filling.
Here is a step by step recipe of the same.
- Mushrooms- 200 grams (chopped or sliced)
- Spring onion whites- 2, chopped
- Garlic- 2-3 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger- ½ inch, finely chopped
- Black pepper- ½ tsp. (crushed)
- Soy sauce- 1 tsp.
- Water- 3 cups
- Spring onion greens- 5 tbsp.
- Oil- ½ tbsp.
- Salt- as per taste
- Advertisement -
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and ginger to it. Sauté the ginger and garlic in the hot oil until the raw aroma fades away.
- Add the chopped spring onion whites to the pan. Sauté the onion whites for a minute.
- Now add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the water and stir.
- Boil the soup for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the soy sauce, black pepper and salt to the broth and simmer it for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- While the soup is simmering, check if the mushrooms are cooked or not. If the mushrooms are cooked before 15 minutes, turn off the flame.
- Check the seasonings and add more if required.
- When the soup is done, turn off the flame.
- Add the chopped spring onion greens to the soup.
- Serve the mushroom soup hot.