Sabudana thalipeeth is like a sabudana vada which is flattened to give it the shape of a chapati and is cooked on a tawa and not deep fried. The ingredients used to prepare the thalipeeth are just the same as the sabudana vada. When you make thalipeeth instead of the vada you cut down on a lot of oil. Thus I prefer making these over the vadas. It is the perfect snack for your fasting days and is easy on your stomach as well. Here is a step by step recipe of the same.
Also Read: Navratri Special- Makhana Kheer Recipe
- Sabudana- 2/3 cup
- Potato- 2, medium (boiled)
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp.
- Peanuts- 4 tbsp. (roasted and crushed)
- Coriander leaves- ¼ cup (Chopped)
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp.
- Sugar- 1 tsp.
- Sendha namak- as per taste
- Pick the sabudana so that it is clean and free of any impurities.
- Rinse the sabudana really well until the water starts running clear.
- Soak the sabudana overnight and make sure to add enough water.
- Next day, drain the excess water. There should be no water in the sabudana whatsoever.
- Peel and mash the potatoes and mix it with the sabudana.
- Add the other ingredients as well and mix together.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan.
- Rub some oil on your palms and take some of the prepared mixture. Flatten the mixture gently with your palms.
- Place the flattened mixture on the heated pan and cook the thalipeeth from both the sides until golden crisp.
- Repeat the process with the remaining mixture as well.
- Serve the thalipeeth hot with chutney and curd.
Image Source: blogspot
Also Read: Sabudana Khichdi Recipe