Kala Chana Aloo Sabzi is a common dish that is prepared in almost every Indian household. Rich in aroma and flavors, this dish is filled with many nutritional benefits. It is usually enjoyed with hot poori or rice, especially in the Northern parts of the country.
This dish was basically originated from Banaras and is the simplest yet tastiest cuisine to be enjoyed at any time. This easy-to-cook recipe for making kala chana aloo sabzi will make your appetite satisfied with its rich texture and amazing taste.
PREPARATION TIME: 8 HOURS
COOKING TIME: 50-6- MINUTES
• 1 tablespoon of Oil
• 1 teaspoon of Asafoetida (Hing)
• 2 teaspoons of Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
• 1 medium-sized bowl of Tomato Puree
• 2 teaspoons of Salt
• 3 teaspoons of Kashmiri Chili Powder
• 3 teaspoons of Coriander Powder
• ½ teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
• 3 medium-sized peeled, Boiled Potatoes
• 2 cups of Water
• 1 medium-sized bowl of boiled Kala Chana
• 1 teaspoon of Garam Masala
• 2 teaspoons of Kasuri Methi
• ½ Lemon
• 1 tablespoon of finely chopped Fresh Coriander
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. First, soak kala chana in water for overnight and boil the next morning. Add a pinch of salt before boiling them. And pressure cook them upto 8-9 whistles.
2. Now, take a pan and heat it on medium high flame. Pour oil in it and let it heat.
3. Then add hing and jeera into the heated oil and let them splutter.
4. Next, add tomato puree and cook it until the oil gets separated.
5. Now add salt, Kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and mix all the ingredients well.
6. Meanwhile, mash the boiled potatoes and add ¼ cup of water in it.
7. Then, add mashed potatoes with 1 cup of water into the cooked tomato gravy and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes.
8. Now add the boiled kala chana and bring the sabzi to boil again.
9. At last, add kasuri methi and garam masala and mix well.
10. Take off from the stove and squeeze half the lemon into it.
11. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot.