With more and more body washes and facial cleansers, and bath gels flooded the market nowadays, good old soaps are taking a backseat. However the nature has blessed us with few amazing herbs, which when used in soaps, could take them to new levels. Tea tree is a great herb that is popularly used for essential oils. The oil is very beneficial for the skin and hair and so, the soap mixed with it is considered equally useful. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of tea tree oil soap for skin and hair.
Benefits of tea tree oil
Below are the benefits of tea tree oil:
- It is an excellent antimicrobial agent, which has terpinen-4-ol for destroying some bacteria, fungi, and viruses. This compound also helps the body control germs and all foreign bodies by increasing the activity of the white blood cells, thereby preventing any skin infections and promoting healing.
- According to a study, topical application of tea tree gel improves moderate acne. Though it has only minor side effects, these get resolved quickly automatically.
- When used in a shampoo, this oil might leave the scalp healthy and clean by removing excessive oil and dandruff. Though it is ideal for the oily hair, persons with dry hair will not find their hair drier after using this.
- The cleansing properties of the tea tree oil are very helpful in keeping the skin clean as well as germ-free. It also has antiseptic properties, which enhances the healing of small cuts and burns.
- Tea tree oil is known for its anti-inflammatory effects on skin. So, using it could give you relief from some skin conditions and diseases while treating them.
- If your airways are little congested, the slightly pungent aroma of the oil could clear it up.
- Many studies have showed that tea tree oil may have anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties as well.
What is tea tree oil soap?
Tea tree oil soap is a natural soap, which is made from tea tree essential oil. The tea tree oil is used in eliminating multi-drug-resistant gram-negative bacteria as well as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus when used with other products. This antimicrobial properties of this oil make it a great fit for the natural soaps.
Benefits of tea tree oil soap
Below is a list of benefits of a tea tree oil soap:
1. Works as a cleanser
Tea tree oil soap is an efficient natural cleanser. It also has strong antiseptic properties of tea tree essential oil. So, it is considered as a medicated cleanser, which could replace other commercial cleansing products.
2. Provides blemish-free skin
Regular use of the tea tree oil soap could help get rid of all types of blemishes. The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties of essential oil help in controlling the growth of microbes on the skin, preventing them from returning, and preventing inflammation. Hence, blemishes start to disappear and get smooth and radiant skin.
3. Cures acne successfully
Using the tea tree oil soap onto the acne-prone skin could be the best solution for curing acne successfully. From treating acne and other issues to controlling outbreaks, this soap would do everything without causing itchiness, dryness, or burning sensation. The oil is very effective in treating acne.
4. Heals skin conditions
The tea tree essential oil content of the soap makes it an amazing antifungal solution. It could avert the development and growth of fungi on the skin and cure the symptoms of many skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, athlete’s foot, psoriasis ringworm attack in an effective way.
5. Treats bruises and cuts fast
Tea tree essential oil is popularly known for its antiseptic property, which helps in disinfecting and healing all kinds of cuts, bruises and wounds fast by killing S. aureus and many other bacteria which can cause infection. It is an all-natural product which is mild on the skin and works delicately on the damaged tissue. So, you can use the soap to treat skin conditions like abrasions and burns.
6. Keeps away body odor
Tea tree oil has a refreshing aroma which makes the soap an excellent choice for treating bad body odor. The bacteria developed on the skin are considered as the root cause of body odor, which could be diminished by using this anti-bacterial soap in shower.
7. Removes dandruff
Not only the skin, but tea tree oil soap could also is beneficial for the hair. Unlike other soaps, the chemical-free soap is very gentle on the scalp on locks. So, it could be used for washing the hair without any side effect and it keeps the scalp dandruff-free for long.
The tea tree oil soap is more than a soap. It is a versatile natural product which serves several purposes. So, apart from washing the face, hair, and body, you could make use of it as a hand cleanser, laundry soap, etc.