It is really frustrating when you wake up in the morning with puffy eyes. This is a very common problem which not only affects women but men too. The under eye bags make you look tried all the time and also add dullness and fatigue to your otherwise attractive and vibrant personality. Many men are getting troubled with baggy eyes because of heredity, poor diet, lack of sleep and other similar reasons. This article is written for the men who are conscious about their looks and want to know the ways to get rid of under eyes bags and avoid looking like drunk and tired.
In this guide will take you through all causes and what best possible measures can be implemented to get rid of under eye bags. First we would know:
* Causes of Under Eye Bags in Men
Image Source: https://www.ramanmalhotra.com/
Primarily, we must explore the main causes of under eye bags, to find out the appropriate solution for it. Below, I have listed some conditions which lead to this problem of puffy under eyes bags”.
- Lack of sleep
- Deficiency of Nutrition
- Edema or water retention
- Over consumption alcohol and caffeine
Any of the above conditions can make your under eye skin baggy and puffy even to the worse. You have to analysis yourself which allergies are causing swelling and puffiness around your eyes.
Image Source: https://www.allteenstalk.com/
By involving some changes in your routine life, you can minimize the problem of eye puffiness and under eye bags that includes:-
Eat low sodium food:- If you intake high amount of sodium in your diet then it leads to the problem of puffiness around the eyes. Instead of eating chips or salty snacks, switch to water based vegetables and fruits which keeps your body hydrated and flushes out the excess sodium from the body.
Balanced diet: – Proper diet, which contains a good amount of vitamins and nutrients are helpful in eliminating the signs of aging and under eye bags in men. Add Vitamins B5, A, C, E rich food items and egg, fresh vegetables, mushrooms, meat, etc. in your diet to avoid the swelling problem of eyes.
Keep yourself hydrated: – Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day to prevent eye puffiness. If your body is hydrated then the chances of water retention also decreases which leads to the formation of swelling under your eyes and other body parts. Drinking water is also beneficial in term of flushing impurities from the skin cells.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol intake: – The caffeine and alcohol contain monosodium glutamate that reflects the diuretic effects on your body and arises the dehydration problem. Therefore, it is good to avoid the habit of tea, coffee or alcohol to prevent the formation of eye puffiness.
Take proper Sleep:- lack of sleep is also responsible for causing under eye bags and dark circles. Sleep at least for 8 hours, which minimize your dark circle as well as eye swelling. Don’t watch TV late night and make the habit of sleep earlier, you will surely get a noticeable improvement in eye puffiness.
* Home remedies for treating under-eye bags
i) Cucumber: – It is an effective remedy for curing under eye bags and dark circle problems.
- Cut the two slices of cucumber
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 10 mins
- When it gets chilled, placed it on your eyelids for 5 to 10 mins
- Repeat this process several times in a day
ii) Cold Spoons
It is a very simple and effective remedy to overcome the problem of eye puffiness. This remedy provides relax to your blood vessels and help in tightening the skin around the eye.
- Put 5 or 6 metal spoons in your refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes to make it chill.
- After that, put the round portion of one chilled spoon on your eyes until it becomes warm
- Replace the warm spoon with another cold spoon from the refrigerator
iii) Potatoes: – The potatoes have proven excellent results in removing under eyes bags and puffiness. Potatoes contain starch, which has anti-inflammatory properties and effectively works in reducing eye puffiness.
- Peel off one medium sized potato and grate it
- Put the mixer in a clean cloth and tie it
- Now, place the cloth on your eyelids for a few minutes
- Repeat this procedure again and again until the eyes, puffiness is not decreasing
iv) Egg white
The egg white has shown effective results in absorbing water and reducing inflammation in the body. It can be also used to eliminate the excess water retained under the eyes.
- Beat the egg white and apply this mixture around the eyes with the help of soft cloth or make up brush
- Leave it for around 20 minutes
- Wash your face with cold water
- You will see the difference that your eye puffiness becomes lesser and tighter
v) Apply tea bags on the eyes: – Green tea bags comprises of antioxidant properties which helps in soothes your eye puffiness and swelling. It also provides immense relief in eye redness and inflammation.
- Put 2 tea bags into a hot water for 2 minutes and then take them out.
- Keep it in the fridge and let it cool down
- Once it gets cool, put it on your eyelids and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes
- You can repeat this process two or three times in a day
vi) Almond oil
Almond oil works well in eliminating dark circle and under eye bags. The vitamins comprises by Almond oil helps in nourishing the skin and keep it moisturized.
- Take 2 or 3 drops of almond oil and apply it under your eyes
- Use your ring finger to massage the under eye area
- Don’t apply pressure while massage
- This procedure helps in improving blood circulation as well as eliminate water retention around the eyes.
* Under eye bags surgery
Image Source: https://static.thefrisky.com/
Called the “eye lift”-it is a common surgery, which has been used for removing under eye bags. There are various surgical techniques used for treating under eye treatment, but all are very expensive and can cause side effects too.
Think twice before getting any surgery because there is nothing like “minor surgery”. If you have planned to go for cosmetic surgery, then research thoroughly to choose an experienced surgeon for your operation. Ask the surgeon for his degree, experience and all the performing procedure.
Hope, the above tips will help you in eliminating your under eye bags. At khoobsurati.com we welcome you to share your opinions and views.