Getting perfect with makeup requires practise and a whole lot of patience. But sometimes even after that, you end up making some of the most common makeup mistakes, again and again. Below we have mentioned some of the most common mistakes which people still make but should stop making them ASAP.
Also Read: 17 Makeup Mistakes You Are Probably Making Everyday
1. Trying to make the eyebrows look identical- This is one of those mistakes that we all commit at some point in our lives. We try to make both the eyebrows look exactly the same which is not required. Your eyebrows should look like identical sisters and not identical twins. You don’t really need to get bothered if one eyebrow is more arched than the other one because, in the end, you want them to look natural and similar to each other.
Image Source: co
2. Applying too much concealer- This one can make your makeup look very made up. A concealer which is too thick or is the wrong shade can make you look horrible. Also if you apply too much of the concealer it would look too obvious. So if you are trying to hide under eye dark circles it is better to use a salmon coloured concealer followed by the concealer which is a perfect match for you. For other parts, you can use a concealer that matches your skin tone and blends it with your fingers to give it a natural look.
Image Source: teen
Also Read: 9 Beauty blunders that can turn your guy off
3. Pumping air in the mascara tube- A lot of us have this habit of pumping the mascara tube while trying to get more product out of the tube. But while doing that we end up pumping a lot of air in the tube which makes the mascara dry out faster while also messing up with the consistency of the product. In order to keep your mascara as good as a new one, you must refrain from pumping the tube. The best way to apply the mascara is to take the mascara wand out of the tube, remove the excess product at the neck of the tube and then use wiggling motions to apply it.
Image Source: h-cdn
4. Going all out with blushing and bronzing- Blush and bronzer can make you look like a blushing and bronzed goddess if you do it correctly or it can make you like a complete trash if you go overboard with it or apply it to the wrong parts of the face. It is best to stick with blushes and bronzers that are not too shimmery or sparkly. Apply the blush lightly onto the apples of your cheeks and apply the bronzer in the hollows of your cheekbones, your temples, jawline and a little bit on your nose.
Image Source: buzzfeed
5. Applying foundation on dry skin- A lot of people have this issue that no matter how they apply the foundation it ends up looking uneven and patchy. This problem occurs only when you haven’t prepared the skin for applying makeup on it. Scrub your face in order to get rid of any dead skin cells. Another important step that you cannot skip is moisturising your face. If you follow these two steps your foundation will always look flawless and natural.