Makeup mishap may happen to anyone and will occur at times when you are in a hurry or when you least expect it. So today we are going to share with you 5 easy tips to fix your makeup mishaps in order to make your life a little easier.
1. Cakey face- When doing your makeup in the wrong lighting chances are that you might put on a lot of foundation or powder on your face making your makeup look cakey. In order to fix it, dampen a makeup sponge or a beauty blender and try to blend out the powder or foundation. Stipple the sponge on your face in light patting manner. This will blend away any of the excess powder or foundation on your face making your makeup look flawless and natural.
Image Source: popsugar-assets
2. Smudged lipstick- There are a lot of reasons which might lead to a smudged lipstick. For instance, if you have very thin lips and you are applying your creamy lipstick or lip gloss without applying a lip liner then it is definitely going to bleed. So in case this happens to you, first of all, wipe off the excess lipstick/lip gloss with the help of a Q-tip and then apply some concealer or foundation over the area to conceal any of the remaining coloured pigments and to give your lips a much-defined look.
Image Source: birchbox
3. Clumpy mascara- Nothing could be worse than made up and totally unnatural spidery lashes. Clumpy mascara is the result of mainly two things which are: an old mascara or incorrect technique. If you want your mascara to go smooth without clumping, then always swipe the excess product at the neck of the bottle and use small wiggly strokes to avoid clumping. But if still this problem occurs then you can fix it by running a clean spoolie across your lashes to get rid of the clumps and get your lashes looking natural and beautiful.
Image Source: imgix
4. Creased concealer- If you do not set your under eye concealer properly then it is going to crease and will look very unnatural. In order to fix this problem, make sure to set your under eye area with a little bit of powder as soon as you apply your under eye concealer. But keep the amount of the powder to a minimum as more powder will make your under creases more obvious. Also make sure to apply an under eye cream in order to keep the skin well moisturised and wrinkle free.
Image Source: h-cdn
5. Overly tweezed eyebrows- Sometimes when you are tweezing or shaping your brows you get too carried away with it and over tweeze or over pluck them leaving your eyebrows looking quite funky. But if something like this happens to you, don’t worry. You can easily fix this mishap. Use a matte eyeshadow on a small angled eyebrow brush and fill in any empty spaces in your eyebrow. Though this won’t make your eyebrows look exactly like they were before but until your eyebrows grow back this trick will give your eyebrows a defined look.