Every girl faces this situation a lot of times in her life when the date of an important occasion or event clashes with the date of her periods while all we can do is hope our periods to start early or after that important date. And trust me being in that situation is very annoying and frustrating.
But you may have heard that self-help is the best help, so why not help yourself girl. There are several home remedies which are highly effective in preponing menses. Here is the compilation of top 9 home remedies to prepone menses.
1. Foods rich in Vitamin C- High doses of Vitamin C can increase the level of estrogen in the body thus inducing menses. The increased level of estrogen stimulates uterine contractions leading to early bleeding. The vitamin C also affects the progesterone level which initializes the cessation of the uterine wall leading to early menses. Food items rich in vitamin C such as kiwis, citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. are great options to eat if you want to prepone your periods.
Image Source: co
2. Papaya- Papaya is a great natural remedy if you want to prepone your periods. Papaya is rich in carotene that helps in increasing the estrogen level, thus leading to early menses. Regular consumption of papaya generates heat in the body which prepone periods. Other food items rich in carotene are carrot, pumpkin, etc.
Image Source: ndtvimg
3. Jaggery- Jaggery is readily available in almost every household. When consumed with sesame seeds or ginger juice on an empty stomach, jaggery can help in inducing periods.
Image Source: curejoy
4. Turmeric- Boil a tsp. of turmeric in a cup of water and drink this turmeric water twice a day to prepone your periods. But make sure to start this remedy at least 10 days in advance before your expected date.
Image Source: attarherbblog
5. Dates- Dates are known to generate heat in the body thus inducing the date of your periods. Start eating dates in a definite quantity to prepone your menses.
Image Source: mynewroots
6. Pineapple- This tropical fruit is rich in vitamin C, as well as is a heat generating food item which works very well in getting early menses. Start eating pineapple in large quantities if you want this remedy to work. But also, keep in mind that eating too much pineapple may lead to skin tenderness.
Image Source: authoritynutrition
7. Fenugreek seeds- Fenugreek seed also falls under the category of heat generating foods making it the perfect remedy to prepone menses. Boil 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds in a glass of water and drink this as the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Image Source: amoils
8. Ginger and honey- Honey and ginger together work as a great remedy for preponing your periods. Ginger is also a heat inducing food and thus works great in getting early menses. Take 1 tsp. honey mixed with ½ tsp. ginger juice first thing in the morning.
Image Source: dailyhealthpost
9. Apply hot compress- In order to prepone your menses you need increase the heat in your body. You can do this by applying external heat like a hot water compress. Place a hot water bottle on your abdomen daily for few minutes in order to get your periods early. But make sure you have 7-10 days due to your periods as this remedy may itself take some time to show results.