Do you know that you don’t need to go to the salon for a party glow? Yes, it is true! You don’t need to spend a fortune at a salon to get a facial done. You can get the glowing dewy skin at home using the kitchen ingredients. So the next time you feel like injecting some life into your dull and tired skin, think COFFEE! 10 years ago, many beauty products companies started introducing caffeine in their product as a beauty ingredient. This compound is known for its phenomenal rejuvenation and skin tightening properties. So when you use caffeine on your skin, it will not only brighten your complexion but will also tighten your skin. Isn’t it a great news?
Image Source: 43rdmedical
There are many ways in which you can use the coffee as a face mask. Today we’re going to share a face mask recipe with you. This face mask is primarily for those who want an instant lift and glow on their face. Who knew that coffee is all you need to be youthful inside, youthful outside?
Image Source: facetedbeauty
Thing You’ll Need:
- ½ cup ground coffee
- ½ cup organic cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- A glass bowl
Image Source: nzgirl
What Do These Ingredients Do for Your Screen?
1. Coffee: Coffee helps in reducing the redness and inflammation caused by acne. It also clears under eye circles and bags. It exfoliates the skin and gets rid of the tired complexion.
Image Source: becauseimaddicted
2. Cocoa Powder: It is rich in antioxidants; it repairs the damage caused to our skin by the environmental pollution. The high amount of sulfur in the cocoa powder is a great tool to fight acne.
Image Source: mnn
3. Milk: The lactic acid in the milk exfoliates your skin and keeps your skin smooth and glowing. It is also a great moisturizer for dry skin people.
Image Source: etntmedia
4. Lemon Juice: It is rich in Vitamin C which boosts the production of collagen in our skin. (Collagen is the protein responsible for the elasticity of the skin). It also decreases the oil production in the skin. Include this ingredient in your scrub only if you have oily skin.
Image Source: healthymundo
5. Honey: It is a natural humectant and hydrates your skin naturally. Make sure that you use the organic variety which is free from any preservatives.
Image Source: msrenterexpo
Directions for Use:
Take some ground coffee in a bowl and add some cocoa powder to it. Add the milk and stir it until a paste is formed. Use less milk if you want a thicker paste. Apply the paste on your skin and let it dry naturally. Rinse it off with normal water. You can store the extra paste in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Image Source: laurenkelp
If you want to exfoliate your skin, gently rub it in circular motions for 1-2 minutes. Allow it to dry and then rinse it.
If you want to treat your dark circles, then add some olive oil to the paste and then apply it to your under-eye region. Let it dry and then rinse it off. The caffeine will improve the blood circulation to your skin and decrease inflammation.