Waking up early might not be your favorite thing especially when you love staying awake till late at night for one or the other reason, but trust me, it has some great advantages which directly affect your overall health.
After converting into an early riser myself, I could feel that my energy levels were always touching the sky, I could concentrate better and had ample amount of time to get all my chores done.
So, today I am going to share with you guys how becoming an early riser has changed my life for good, and hope that it will do the same for you.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN EARLY RISER
1. MORE ENERGY- As an early riser you will feel more energetic and charged up for the day. You will feel more enthusiastic and ready for the challenging tasks coming your way all day long. Your mind will become more alert and attentive. You won’t even need that caffeine shot to get you started for the day.
Image Source: h-cdn
2. HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY- When you have a lot of time in your hand and you wake up with an alert mind you are ought to have a very productive day. You can use those early extra hours to do things that you normally don’t get time to do, like reading a book, exercising, doing yoga, going for a walk, etc. You can also use this time to plan your day and set a schedule accordingly.
Image Source: hercampus
3. INCREASED CREATIVITY- Your mind is most alert during morning time and it is easier to concentrate more on the work you are doing, as the atmosphere is very peaceful, hence increasing the creativity of your mind. Many famous and successful people have been early risers throughout their life.
Image Source: mdigroup
4. A HAPPIER YOU- By getting up early you give yourself that extra time which you can utilize to finish up your pending tasks or keeping ahead of your schedule, making you less vulnerable to stress.
Image Source: youqueen
5. BETTER GRADES- Research has proved that early risers get better grades as compared to the late risers. So, if you are a student, this might be the best thing to do if you want to improve your grades.
Image Source: onlinelearningtips
HOW TO BECOME AN EARLY RISER
1. START SLOWLY- If you have been a late riser for the majority part of your life, try to take it slow. Instead of changing your wake up time drastically, try taking small steps at a time. For example, if you used to get up at 8.30, change it to 8.15 and stick to it for a few weeks, till you get used to it. Keep on cutting 15 minutes from your sleeping time until you reach your desired goal.
Image Source: parentsociety
2. SLEEP EARLY- If you want to get up early it is very important for you to go to your bed early. You may get tempted to stay awake as you might want to catch up on your favourite T.V show or surf the internet. But once you get used to it, no temptation would be big enough to keep you awake.
Image Source: medicaldaily
3. PLACEMENT OF ALARM CLOCK- Keep your alarm clock at a distance from your bed, so that you have to get out of your bed to put it off. If you keep it near your bed, you will end up putting it on snooze again and again.
Image Source: mentalfloss
4. GET A SCHEDULE READY FOR THE NEXT DAY- Plan your day a night before you go to sleep. Jot down all the things you are going to do the next day, this will make you feel more enthusiastic for the coming day and you have something that you can look up to the next day.
Image Source: amazonaws
5. HAVE A GOOD BREAKFAST- Set up a breakfast menu for the next day or you can also decide a week’s menu in advance. Look for healthy and filling recipes that you can cook and share with your family or loved ones. The thought of having a sumptuous breakfast is sure to get you out of your bed even before time.