Different food items have diverse health benefits. But sometimes when combined together the benefits can be enhanced further. Below we have mentioned 6 such unions which can work wonders for your health. Read and enlighten yourself.
1. Salads and Healthy Fats- Phytochemicals are generally found in plant-based food items (mainly found in red, orange and green food items) and these are known to maintain the blood pressure effectively. When you combine these phytochemicals (salads) with healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados, chia seeds, etc. the tendency to absorb the phytochemicals increases. Thus making these the perfect match.
Image Source: com
2. Apples and Dark Chocolates- when dark chocolates and apples are consumed together they can help in the production of collagen thus making your skin plump and more youthful. This is because apples contain flavonoids and dark chocolate is rich in catechins, and when the two are combined they work wonders for your skin. Apart from that, this combination also helps in improving your cardiovascular health.
Image Source: com
3. Broccoli and Tomatoes- Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, lycopene and vitamin A, while broccoli is rich in isothiocyanates, beta-carotene, and indoles which help in improving immunity and also fighting cancer-causing cells. According to the University of Illinois, the combination of broccoli and tomatoes could effectively slow down the growth of prostate tumours more effectively as compared to when these were consumed individually.
Image Source: jeanetteshealthyliving
4. Calcium and Vitamin D- This combination works well because the vitamin D helps in the better absorption of calcium in the body. Now you know why so many people opt for the classic egg and milk combination for the breakfast. Eggs are an amazing source of vitamin D and it helps in the better absorption of calcium from the milk.
Image Source: couponclippingcook
5. Iron and Vitamin C- Vitamin C is very important for the better absorption of iron which is important for keeping our blood oxygenated. Thus it is recommended to pair green leafy vegetables with peppers.
Image Source: brightfocus
6. Probiotics and prebiotics- The probiotics introduce good bacteria into our body while the prebiotics act as the food which helps the bacteria to grow and multiply further, thus making these two a match made in heaven. A prebiotic named inulin is found in a significant amount in onions, garlic and bananas. While yogurt is a great source of probiotics. So if you can combine the two it can be really great for the health of your gut.