You must have noticed that people who have curly hair often crave for straight hair and people with straight hair dream of having curly hair. And in order to get our desired hair, we spend thousands of rupees at salons. These treatments do give us the look that we are dreaming of but at the cost of damaging our hair in the long run. Especially if you have curly hair then all these problems may just double up.
Curly hair may look very beautiful and attractive, but taking care of them is a very tedious task. But to make it little easier for you, we have come up with some easy tips that can help you in keeping your curly hair healthy and manageable.
1. Massage your scalp- Curly hair may get really dry and frizzy. In order to keep your hair soft and manageable, it is very important that you massage your scalp with oils on a regular basis. It can get really difficult for the oils to reach the scalp; thus, you must use your fingers to gently massage the oils onto it. Do this at least twice a week so that your curly hair stays tangle free and moisturized.
Image Source: https://www.holisticvanity.ca/
2. Use a conditioner- Though conditioner is a step that must find its way into everyone’s hair care routine, but women with curly hair should never skip the conditioner. Shampooing your curly hair may strip your hair off the moisture, in order to replenish the lost moisture, you need to follow it with a moisturizing conditioner.
Image Source: https://curious-soapmaker.com/
3. Avoid brushing your hair too much- Brushing your hair too often can lead to breakage. Since curly hair is more prone to tangles, combing them too often may lead to hair fall and breakage.
4. Use Aloe Vera- Aloe vera is not only good for your skin but also for your hair. Combine 2 tsp. coconut oil with 4 tsp. aloe vera gel and 3 tsp. yogurt. Apply this mask on your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. After using this pack you will notice that your hair is much softer and shinier.
5. Detangle your hair when damp- Most of the times, we are suggested that we should never comb damp hair as it may lead to hair fall and breakage, but the scenario is different when it comes to curly hair. If you have curly hair, then you must detangle your hair when they are slightly damp. After drying completely, it may get really difficult to detangle your hair.
Image Source: https://www.justcurly.com/
6. Do not towel dry your hair- Using a towel to dry your curly hair may lead to frizzy and dry hair. For curly hair, the best way to dry your hair is by wrapping them in an old t-shirt and squeezing out the excess moisture from your hair.
Image Source: https://i2.wp.com/
7. Go for a simple hairstyle- If you have curly hair then you don’t really have to think about making a new hairstyle every day. That is so because curly hair already has so much texture that you hardly need to do anything to them.