Yoga helps to improve your mental, physical and emotional health. Yoga will always help you in strengthening your pelvic area. During pregnancy, yoga will prepare your body for labor and delivery. Prenatal yoga is the best exercise that helps your body to prepare for normal delivery.
Here are some poses that will prepare your body for normal delivery.
1. Butterfly Pose Or Bhadrasana
This is one of the best prenatal yoga poses for an expecting mother. It will improve the flexibility of muscles & ligaments of the urogenital region. It felicitates the supply of oxygenated blood to the groin region.
- Sit on the floor with legs stretched out.
- Inhale and draw your feet towards you by keeping the soles of your feet together & back straight.
- Grab your toes and stay in a position as much as you can.
- Exhale and return to the starting position.
2. Angle Pose Or Konasana
Konasana helps to strengthen your legs, arms, spinal cord & side muscles. It will increase the flexibility of the spine and relieve you from back pain.
- Stand straight with your feet apart with arms alongside your body.
- Breath out and bend to the right from the spine, then move your pelvis to the left & bend.
- Turn your head up & look at your left palm by straightening the elbows.
- Straighten your body and do the breathing process before bringing your left arm down. Repeat with the right arm as well.
3. Chair Pose Or Utkatasana
Utkatasana is also called a held squat. This pose strengthens & improves and strengthens your lower back, hips, and spine and makes your body ready for delivery.
- Stand straight keeping your feet apart.
- Stretch your arm forward with your palms facing downwards.
- Gently bend your knees & push down your pelvis.
- Stay in a position, by keeping hands should be parallel to the floor and back straight. Hold this pose for 1 min.
- Return to your position, by first straightening your knees by inhaling and then lift your body and exhale.
4. Twisted Pose Or Vakrasana
This yoga pose strengthens the spine, neck, and legs.
- Sit down with legs stretched. Bend your right leg & pull it to your side till it rests beside your left knee.
- Place your right hand behind your back and left arm on your right knee, by holding your right ankle.
- Exhale and gently push your right knee outward. Twist your torso to the right side. Repeat the same with left.
5. Mountain Pose Or Parvatasana
This pose gives relief from backache and also improves blood circulation in the lower abdomen and prepares your body for labor.
- Stand on your feet spreading your heels. Keep your back straight and hands on each side of your body.
- By taking a deep breath, stretch spine and palms above head.
- Lift your ankles & stand on toes. Repeat this ten times.