If you have dry and chapped lips, we understand the level of your pain and how difficult it gets to talk or to even smile to a colleague. The whole beauty of the face gets lost with the cracked lips. The lip balms and lip gloss temporarily hide the ugly lines but can- not cover it for too long neither can they tackle with the pain from these cracked lines.
We have come up with some home remedies that would help you to get rid of this awkward situation that too in no amount of time:
1. Cucumber: Have you ever tried a slice of cucumber over your lips, though many of you might have used it over the eyes to get rid of the dark circles. The peels of cucumber are used as a hydrating and moisturizing face mask too. This fruit works the same way for lips as well as it helps in restoring the moisture and water content needed by the lips. The lips do not have any such oil glands that help in bringing the moisture content back to the lips, but the Cucumber slice does it all. If you are going through rough and chapped lips that it is advised to rub a slice at least thrice a day.
2. Honey with Lime: Honey is well known for its anti- bacterial and hydrating properties that soothe the cracked lips and it also prevents the infection from spreading any more. Lime acts as an icing on the cake as the vitamins in it help the lips in staying soft and nourished. The recipe is very simple and all you need to do is to mix a tablespoon of honey and lime each. Apply it over the lips and leave it for around an hour and then rinse it off with cold water. Follow this practice for twice a week and experience soft and smooth lips.
3. Green Tea Bag: This is another home remedy that can help us in getting rid of dry and cracked lips. Take a used tea bag of green tea and rub it against your lips for around 5 minutes every day. This will help in restoring the softness of your lips as well.
4. Aloe Vera: This is a natural moisturizer and it is the key ingredient of many moisturizing body lotions because of its smoothening properties. Thus, Aloe Vera can be used on the lips too for keeping them soft and nourished.
5. Rose Petals: That rose plant in your kitchen garden can usually be used not just for decoration or good fragrance but it can be used for repairing your cracked lips too. Wash some rose petals in water and then soak them in glycerin or milk for a few hours. Then mash these petals into a paste and apply it over your lips twice or thrice a day. You will notice a vivid difference in your lips after a few days of this procedure.