Once you’re done with your waxing and realize that it will last so long and I won’t have to bother about it till then. But, unfortunately, just after 10 days you will start noticing those pesky little hair peeking through the hair follicles, excited to come out. Ugh..!
We all wish that there would have been a way to delay hair growth a little more. Well, good news for all the girls out there. You can actually make your waxing last longer if you follow these 6 steps mentioned below. Read them carefully and enlighten yourself.
1. Let your hair grow- If you want to take the full advantage of your waxing session then make sure that the hair you are deciding to get waxed is at least ½ an inch in length. If your hair is very small they may not get waxed or may take a lot of attempts in order to get removed which can be very painful and may even bruise your skin. Thus before going for a waxing session make sure that your hair has grown enough to get waxed. If your hair is still not long enough then wait for few more days and then get them waxed.
Image Source: wordpress
2. Exfoliate- Before going for waxing make sure to exfoliate properly. This way you can get rid of all the dead skin cells and it gets easier to remove even the finer or shorter hair.
Image Source: ehowcdn
3. Do not shave before waxing- If you are due for your waxing trip to the salon in a few days, then do not shave your hands or legs before that. But if you decide to shave make sure that you have a minimum of 2 weeks gap between your shaving and waxing session.
Image Source: h-cdn
4. Exfoliate on a daily basis- In order to reduce the growth of hair, you should scrub your body with a homemade coffee and baking soda scrub regularly. Mix 2 tbsp. of ground coffee with 1 tbsp. of baking soda and use it regularly to reduce the hair growth.
Image Source: ledisia
5. Moisturize- After getting waxed it is very important to moisturize your skin really well. You can use hydrating lotions or creams and even aloe vera gel to moisturize your skin post waxing. The moisturizer will not only nourish the skin but will also calm down your skin and will prevent any irritation.
Image Source: orogold
Also Read: 7 Different Types of Waxing For Hair Removal
6. Think about the long term- Shaving sounds like a more convenient option but in terms of results, waxing is always better than shaving. Another plus of waxing is that with regular waxing sessions your hair growth starts to slow down and you don’t have to wax often.