Who doesn’t love rosy pink lips? No one I guess. But not everyone is blessed with pink lips. Dark lips may be attributed to various factors such as sun exposure, chemical loaded lip products, lip biting and smoking. Applying a lipstick can be a temporary solution to this problem. But if you are looking for a more permanent solution then continue reading. These simple home remedies will help you get back your rosy pink lips without putting in much effort.
1. Honey- Apart from the amazing taste, honey is also a great remedy to treat dark lips. The bleaching nature of the honey helps lighten the dark skin of the lips. Honey is also very moisturizing hence it is also a great home remedy to treat chapped lips. You can apply honey directly to your lips every night before going to bed. Wash it off in the morning. With regular use, you will end up with rosy lips.
Image Source: healthveda
2. Lemons- The bleaching properties of lemons can be attributed to the high content of citric acid present in them. Thus making lemons a great skin lightening agent. Lemons also acts as a great exfoliant and helps in getting rid of the dead skin cells from your lips. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on your lips. Let it sit on your lips for at least 20 minutes before washing it off.
Image Source: drkarafitzgerald
3. Homemade lip balm- Homemade lip balms are so much better than the store bought ones. The best part is that these are 100% natural and won’t lead to dark lips even after using them over an extended period and they are extremely cost efficient. To make your homemade lip balm all you need is 1 tsp. strawberry pulp and 2 tsp. petroleum jelly. Mix the two well and store it in an empty container. Your homemade lip balm is ready. This particular lip balm is great to lighten dark lips as it contains strawberries, which help to lighten dark lips.
Image Source: yesmissy
4. Use oils- Oils such as clove oil, tea tree oil, olive oil and mustard oil are great options to lighten dark lips. Though clove oil and tea tree oil can be a little harsh on the skin as compared to the mustard and olive oil. Apply any one of the above-mentioned oil every night on your lips and go to sleep. The oils will not only lighten the lips but will also moisturize the lips.
Image Source: com
5. Toothbrush- Dark lips are often the result of layers of dead skin that is formed on the lips as time passes. In order to get rid of this dead skin, use a soft bristle toothbrush to scrub off the dead skin from over your lips, revealing rosy pink lips.
Image Source: wordpress
6. Scrub your lips- Using a lip scrub is one of the best methods to lighten dark lips. Mix up your own lip scrub by mixing castor sugar with some Vaseline and honey. Scrub your lips with this lip scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells. The castor sugar will scrub off the dead skin from the lips and the honey will lighten the lips naturally.
Image Source: cibuu
7. Remove makeup- Just the way it is important to get rid of all the makeup from your face before you hit the bed similarly it is equally important to remove all the lip products from your lips. This prevents your lips from getting dark over a period of time.
Image Source: wordpress
20+ lip care tips to get beautiful lips