Henna is not a natural hair dye for the hair. It has amazing benefits for your hair which you might not be aware of. All people who do not apply henna directly on their hair could use it in different ways to enjoy the benefits. Henna could be used to treat different hair problems such as hair fall, dandruff, and split ends. A convenient way to use henna on the hair is by converting it into hair oil. You need to have few henna leaves and powdered henna to make the oil for your hair.
Long, shiny, and strong hair is every woman’s dream. Hair length is not the only thing which matters but shine and strength are equally important for the healthy hair. If you always wished for the naturally long hair but never had them, we have some secret to share with you all. Do you know about henna? These leaves are used by most of the people to color their gray hair and get a natural shine. But, the process is too complex and not everybody has much time for a henna session. Moreover, everyone cannot bear the pungent smell of henna paste. If you want to avoid these, try henna oil. This is available in the market but you could make henna oil at home. Let us know in this article how to prepare and use henna hair oil for hair growth.
How to make henna oil?
What you need:
- 500 ml of coconut oil
- Bunch of henna leaves
- Wash the henna leaves and grind them to make a thin paste. You can also add some water to make the paste consistent.
- Make small balls from this paste and let it dry.
- In a small pan, add some coconut oil and then add henna balls to them. Let them boil for some time.
- When the coconut oil begins to change its color, remove it from the pan and then transfer it to a small container.
- Let the oil cool down and strain it.
- The henna hair oil is almost ready to use. Store in the airtight container.
Also Read: 13 Awesome Benefits of Ghee For Hair
Another convenient way to prepare henna hair oil is by naturally drying henna leaves and then grinding them to make fine powder. In a small pan, add some coconut oil and the henna powder to it. You could also use the henna powder bought from the market along with the coconut oil to prepare henna oil at home.
How to use henna hair oil?
Divide the hair into sections and then start using henna hair oil on the scalp. Follow with a good shampoo wash. For desired results, you could keep the henna oil on the hair for at least two hours.
Benefits of henna oil for hair
- Henna helps promote the hair growth. It has several natural properties which make the hair grow very quickly.
- Henna improves health of the follicles and scalp. By nourishing roots of the hair, henna helps reduce hair fall. The oil works magic for most women with very thin hair because it adds good volume as well as thickness to the hair.
- When combined with the coconut oil, the henna leaves provide conditioning the hair. Applying the henna oil on a regular basis helps in making the hair smooth and silky.
- Henna removes the excess oil from the scalp and also prevents hair issues like dandruff.
- It has antimicrobial and antifungal properties which cool down the scalp and reduces the itchiness.
- If you have ugly split ends then apply the henna hair oil to help get rid of the problem. Henna conditions the hair deeply and also makes the hair strong and healthy.
- For long and thick hair, use the henna hair oil. It also has tannin that makes the hair strong.
- Henna oil promotes the overall growth of your hair.
- Rosemary oil could make the scalp and follicles healthy.
- It prevents the hair from falling out and also relieves the dandruff problem.
- The oil helps in conditioning your hair.
- Use of the oil helps eliminate ringworm, itching, and all other issues in the scalp as this oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
How to use henna oil
- Before taking shower, apply the oil well on the hair and scalp and then massage for 10 minutes.
- After this, you should keep oil in hair for at least 2 to 3 hours and wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
- If you wish, apply the oil by lightly heating it.
- Men using hair gels on a daily basis should use henna hair oil to reverse the damage due to hair gels.