We all know it very well as along with a very sweet smell, lavender oil also possesses a lot of beauty and health-related benefits and that makes it one of the most popular and widely used essential oils. So, if you are not aware of this magical essential oil and its ultimate benefits, here we will let you know.
It is extensively used in soaps, talc, perfumes, cosmetics, etc. Today we are going to learn several ways in which you can use lavender oil for treating various beauty-related concerns.
1. Acne- Lavender oil is very effective in treating acne thanks to its antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It fights the acne-causing bacteria while healing dry skin and reducing the appearance of acne marks. Lavender oil also very effective in treating acne induced by stress. The therapeutic characteristics of the oil improve the quality of sleep and reduce stress, thus bringing down the chances of sudden flare-ups and breakouts. So if you are suffering from acne, combine 3-4 drops of lavender oil into 1 tbsp. of carrier oil such as almond oil or jojoba oil and apply it on your face. If you have serious acne problems, then you can mix 1 drop lavender oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil in a tbsp. of water and apply it on your face with a clean cotton pad. If you have body acne, you can add a few drops of lavender oil to your bathing water and soak in it for 15 minutes. When used on a regular basis, it can reduce acne to a great extent.
2. Hair growth- Based on a study performed in Scotland, when lavender oil was used to massage the scalp of Alopecia patients, new hair growth was visible in just 7 months. This study thus proves that lavender oil can be used as a potent treatment for hair growth. You can also mix it with other essential oils and carrier oils for even better and faster results.
3. Stretch marks- Stretch marks are very common in women during pregnancy and also in women who lift weights and perform high-intensity workouts. The abdomen, thighs and butts are most prone to these. In order to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and to fade them away, you can use lavender oil. Mix 4-5 drops of lavender oil with 3 drops of orange oil and 50ml jojoba oil. Use this oil every day to massage the affected area and soon your stretch marks will fade away.
4. Sunburn- Lavender oil can also be used for treating sunburns thanks to its soothing and skin calming characteristics. You can mix a few drops of lavender oil with aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area for instant relief. It will reduce the inflammation as well as the redness.
5. Facial steam- Adding lavender oil to your facial steam will add so many benefits to it. It will calm down your nerves and will kill all the bacteria present in your pores. Boil some water in a big pan and add a few drops of lavender oil to this water. Now cover your head with a big towel and take the steam for 10 minutes or till the water is hot. Once you are done pat dry your face with a clean towel.
Also Read: 5 Amazing Benefits of Jaborandi Hair Oil
6. Face mask- Make a soothing face mask to get rid of acne and reduce the stress. The simplest way is to add 4-5 drops of lavender oil to your regular face mask and apply as you normally would or you can also prepare one from scratch as well. For this one, you need to mix 2-3 drops of lavender oil along with 2 drops of lemon oil in 2 tbsp. of honey. Spread this mask well onto your face and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with plain water and pat dry.
7. To get rid of blackheads- For this, you simply need to mix 4 drops of lavender oil with 2 drops of tea tree oil and rub on the affected area to get rid of blackheads.
8. To treat cracked heels- If you are someone who is dealing with cracked heels then lavender oil is there for the rescue. Mix a few drops of the lavender oil to your foot cream or a body lotion and massage your feet every day with this lotion at night. Wear a pair of cotton socks and go to sleep. The next day you will wake up to feet, which are way more nourished and moisturized. Repeat this process every day till you notice visible results.
9. Include in your bath products- As you know that lavender is a mood enhancer you can add it to your shower gel or your shampoo to wake you up in the morning and to improve the mood. You can also pour a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow for better sleep at night.
10. Dandruff- If you have tried everything to get rid of dandruff and nothing worked, then maybe you should try lavender oil instead. To make your very own lavender anti-dandruff shampoo you need to mix 12 drops of lavender oil with 5 drops of tea tree oil and 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar. Massage your scalp with this shampoo for 5 minutes and rinse with plain water. This shampoo, when used regularly, will reduce the itching and flaking, slowly getting rid of dandruff.
11. Body mist- Why to spend so much on expensive body mists when you can make one at home. All you need is an empty spray bottle, 2 cups of distilled water, 2 tbsp. vodka and 8-10 drops of lavender oil. Pour all the ingredients in the spray bottle, screw the cap tightly and shake it well. Your lavender body mist is ready to be used.
12. To reverse the effect of greying- A combination of lavender, ginger and sesame oil is proven to reverse the effect of greying of hair. To make this concoction you need to combine ½ tsp. lavender oil with ½ tsp. ginger oil and 10 tsp. sesame oil. Store this in a glass bottle. Use this oil to massage your scalp and hair regularly to reverse the effect of greying. Make sure to give the bottle a good shake before application.
13. To treat dry hands- If you are dealing with dry hands, then try swapping your hand cream with our special blend of oils. For this, you need to mix 4-5 drops of lavender oil with 2 tbsp. of almond oil or jojoba oil. Now use this oil to massage your hands regularly, every night before going to bed. Within few days, you will notice dramatic changes.
14. Bathing salt- Instead of spending on store bought bath salts make one at home that too at a very cheap price. Add lavender oil to Epsom salt flakes and mix the two well. Store it in an airtight jar on your bathroom shelf.