Working hard, sweating it out, or even giving up on your favorite foods, but still not able to lose those annoying fats in the body? Sometimes even after doing everything, you fail to lose. You are doing everything right, following the instructions of your gym instructor, eating the right food; what could go wrong with your perfect weight loss regime then?
Well, there are certain things which can adversely affect your weight loss without even your knowledge. Below we have mentioned 9 hidden reasons which are a hurdle between you and your weight loss.
1. Not sleeping enough- Exercising and following a healthy diet is very important if you want to lose weight. But along with that taking enough rest and sleeping for a definite amount of time is just as important if you want to lose weight. If your body is not rested it will feel tired and will fail to burn calories. Taking proper rest is very important especially if you are doing strenuous workouts and following a particular diet.
Image Source: coolknow
2. You are focussing just on your workout- When it comes to weight loss, your workout, as well as the diet, plays a very important role. In fact, your weight loss depends 80% on your diet and 20% on your exercise routine. You even if you are working your ass off in the gym but not paying attention to your diet you are not going to lose weight. So make sure to pay equal importance to your diet as well.
Image Source: wixstatic
3. You are not eating enough- You are a human being and you need to eat in order to let your body to function, even when you are trying to lose weight. Portion control is crucial during weight loss but that does not mean that you have to starve yourself. try to eat a well-balanced diet. Cutting out on any of the important nutrients is going to affect your body adversely. Take it in this way if you are not going to eat enough, you won’t get the energy to exercise. So eat well and then exercise hard.
Also Read: 10 Life-Changing Evening Walk Benefits for Health
Image Source: myfooddiary
4. Eating dinner too early- It is recommended to eat your dinner early. But along with that, you need to coordinate it with your sleeping time. For example, if you eat your dinner at 7 and go to bed at 12 your body is going to ask for fuel, which is correct. So even though it is important to have an early dinner make sure to time it with your sleeping time.
Image Source: nhimassageblog
5. You are always counting calories- You must be aware of how much you are eating but that does not mean that you start counting the calories. Don’t go for the 1000 or 1200 calorie diets, which are quite popular. Though you need to be mindful and have all the focus on your food while eating you also need to enjoy it. As long as you are eating healthy and minding your portions there is no way you can go overboard with the calories. Just make sure to avoid taking empty calories such as sodas, chocolates, cakes, chips, etc.
Image Source: mid-day
Also Read: 7 Common Workout Mistakes That You Should Avoid
6. Not listening to your body- Always listen to what your body is trying to tell you. If someday your body is telling you to skip the workout, then do so because maybe your body is not rested enough. Sometimes you have a craving for something sweet because your blood sugar level is dipping. Being too strict towards yourself and avoiding the signals that your body is trying to give you may not always work in your favour.
Image Source: blogspot
7. Being obsessed with weight loss- It is a good thing to be considerate about your body and maintaining a healthier self, but being obsessed with it is surely not going to help you. Try to ease out things a little. Don’t just follow a certain workout or diet routine blindly. Listen to your body and then try to help it. Don’t deprive yourself of the simple pleasures of life such as having an ice-cream with your friend in the name of weight loss.
Image Source: co
8. Not eating real food- Protein shakes, supplements and bars are a good addition to your weight loss journey, but you cannot replace your real food with these. Even if you are taking supplements there is no need to replace it with supplements. You can add supplements to your current diet but do not swap them with real food, as it may create serious health issues for you.
Image Source: livestrongcdn
Also Read: 9 Interestingly Useful Hacks to Burn Calories Without Making Any Efforts
9. You don’t cook- When you eat out you can never manage what is going on your food. So if you are not in the habit of cooking your own food start doing it. You don’t have to be a great cook in order to prepare a meal, but still, if you are far away from cooking then you can always take help from the trusty internet. You can get easy recipes on the internet for people who are trying to lose weight. There are a plethora of recipes to choose from depending on your choice.