Belly Fat or Abdominal Obesity is the abdominal fat that is accumulated around the stomach and abdominal area. Belly fat not only has negative health impacts but also hampers your physical persona. Pot belly is one of the reasons for your consciousness in a Look-your-best society. Here are few tips to reduce your pot belly and convert it into washboard abs! Grab your old size “S” instead of “XL”. Here you go!!
Source : https://www.techidec.com/
Research shows that individuals who aim to reduce belly fat must have a “good night’s sleep” for 8 hours as it helps in retaining energy and in-turn reducing stress and anxiety which are major contributors for triggering cravings for fat-building and sugary foods. Sleep helps in keeping the hormones well-balanced. Sleep silently paves a way to shrink the belly.
Source : https://www.healthable.org/
# Go Easy On Sugars And Sweetened Beverages
Avoid excessive added sugars which are extremely unhealthy as it comprises of glucose and fructose. Excessive sugar leads to increase in belly fat, liver fat and also metabolic problems.
# Eat More Protein
Protein is effective against belly fat as it reduces cravings to a large extent. It boosts metabolism and is very effective in reducing belly fat. Eggs, sea food, fish are some of the protein rich foods.
Source : https://szatori.hu/
# Go Slow On Carbs
Restriction of carbohydrates helps in reducing the belly. Carb restriction leads to lower appetite which is followed by weight reduction.
Source : https://naturalhealth-naturalbeauty.blogspot.in/
# Be Fiber Savvy
Fiber in diet is the plant matter which is indigestible and is a very good remedy for weight loss. Fiber helps in keeping the stomach fuller for prolonged times in-turn reducing appetite.
Source : https://dietaryfiberguide.com/
# Monitor Your Plate
Keeping a check on what you eat is a great way to avoid overestimation and underestimation of your eating. Balancing what you eat is a bang on remedy for achieving your goal.
Source : https://compassgroupusablog.com/
# Say Hi To Hydration
Drinking ample amount of water to flush out harmful toxins is a great way to belly reduction. Water keeps the body well hydrated and gives a feeling of fuller stomach for much longer periods.
# Watery Fruits
Eating fruits such as watermelon which have higher percentage of water. It helps you keep fuller for a longer durations and curbing your cravings.
Source : https://www.menscosmo.com/
# Green Leafy Vegetables
Eat green leafy vegetables as they have high content of water,vitamins,minerals and fibers. Green leafy veggies are also low in calories.
Source : https://www.md-health.com/
Its difficult to maintain healthy eating habits when a person is undergoing stress. Cortisol is secreted by the adrenal glands. It stimulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism, stimulates insulin release and maintains blood sugar levels. The end result of these actions can be an increase in appetite. For this reason stress and anxiety should be kept at bay.
Source : https://thebigmansworld.com/
Exercise is important for healthy living and has number of health benefits. Flush away the belly fat with a superb exercise regime. Exercise not only reduces fat but also prevents in re-gaining abdominal fat. Aerobic exercises such as walking, running, swimming etc. helps in reduction of belly fat.
Cycling is an effective cardio exercise that helps you to shed belly fat by burning calories. Its a fun frolic way to reduce the belly fat.
Source : https://www.womenshealthmag.com/
Walking is another exercise which can help you to trim down your belly. Its simple yet very effective in burning fat. Ideal walking regime would be walking at a steady pace for 30 -45 minutes for at least 4 -5 days a week followed by a healthy diet.
Source : https://www.popsugar.com/
Jogging helps in effective and faster breakdown of fat components from the body. Its very useful in reducing fat and maintaining body shape!
Crunches are the fastest way to burn belly fat !!
Sources : https://www.googleestuff.com/
# Basic Crunches
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90 degrees angle.
- Now lift your hands and place them behind your head.
- Inhale deeply and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Again inhale as you get back down and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner and then gradually increase.
# Side Crunches
- Lie on your back flat on the ground, and let your knees be bent.
- Turn at the waist, keeping your shoulder and the upper part of your back flat on the ground.
- Now lift your head without bending your neck.
- Now lift your head up and come back slowly.
- Do 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps and increase gradually .
# Twist Crunches
- Lie down flat on a mat.
- Bend your knees such that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Place your right ankle on your left knee and then crossing your arms over your chest or clasp your hands behind your head.
- Raise your head, shoulders and back off the mat and bring your chest towards your right knee.
- Twist your torso to the right as your chest approaches your right knee.
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds keeping your abdomen tight.
- Slowly retain back to the previous position.
- Alternate sides between sets.
# Reverse Crunch
- Lie flat on a mat with legs and hands straight infront of you.
- Bend you knees and lift your feet above the ground.
- Inhale as you pull your legs towards your torso.fold your knees towards your face.
- Exale as you lower down to the previous position.
- Do 2-3 sets of 15-20 repitetions and gradually increase.
# Vertical Leg Crunches
- Lie flat on a mat and place your hands behind your head.
- Lift your torso towards your knees and slowly inhale and retain to the previous position .
- Do 2-3 sets of 12-15 repetitions each .
# Bending Side To Side
- Stand straight with your feet together. Raise your hands above your head as in a praying position.
- Bend your body towards the right as much as possible till you feel strain on your left waist. Stay for 10 seconds.
- Return back to the previous position.
- Now bend left side and stay for 10 seconds.retain the original position.
It is discovered that develoment of fat cells depends largely on the genetics. If your ancestors had a history of excessive belly fat then you too might have the same.
# Keep A Check On Your Metabolism
It is true that metabolism decreases with increase in age. Weak metabolism leads to bloated stomach and belly fat. Thyroid, diabetes and other medical diseases can be one of the reasons behind weak metabolism .
# Stress And Anxiety
Stress increases the levels of cortisol in the blood leading to accumulation of fat accumulation of fat in the body.
People suffering from diseases like thyroid, diabetes, breast cancer, sleep apnea, colorectal cancer, cardiovascular disease and hypertension, stroke and metabolic syndrome have fat accumulated in the belly area.
# Bad Posture
Slouching is the main reason behind fat accumulated in the body. So, to prevent this sit straight as much as possible and keep your posture erect.
# Changes In Hormones
Imbalance of hormones can lead to accumulation of fat in the body. Hormones are responsible for regulating fat content in the body.
# Unhealthy Lifestyle
Unhealthy lifestyle can be one of the major reasons for belly fat .Lack of exercise leads to fat accumulation in the body. So pull up your socks!!
Home Remedies To Reduce Belly Fat
- Drink Lemon Water To Lose Fat Around The Belly
- Lemon helps in detoxifying the liver and helps in regulation of body enzymes.
- As you get up in the morning ,warm a glass of water and squeeze out the juice of a lemon into it .Mix well and drink.
Source : https://www.maturedminds.com/
# Lemon Tea
*Put water on heat and Add tea powder and lemon juice.Boil it.Add sugar to taste.
# Ginger Lemon Tea
- Boil a cup of water.Add ginger to the hot water and simmer for few minutes.
- Remove from the stove and add lemon juice and honey to the water
- Mix well and drink.
Source : https://juicing-for-health.com/
- Cinnamon helps in reducing body fat and stimulates the body metabolism.
- Add cinnamon to your diet .Sprinkle cinnamon on toasts and in beverages like tea and coffee etc.
# Have Ginger
- Ginger have excellent medicinal properties and helps in reducing obesity .It improves digestion.
- Add ginger to your diet .