Dieting is a term that is very much misunderstood by so many times. It actually means eating healthy while maintaining your portion. But most of the people take it as eating very less and cutting off everything from their diet. In reality, you don’t really have to go on any fad diets in order to lose weight.
All you have to do is eat healthy and follow the below-mentioned tips carefully to lose weight without any diet.
1. Chew your food for longer- Studies have suggested that the more time you spend chewing your food, the lesser calories you are going to consume. Chewing your food for an extended period of time may prevent over-eating giving more time to your brain in order to receive signals from the stomach. Not only it aids in improved digestion but also helps in limiting the portion size of your food. For every mouthful of food chew for at least 40-50 times.
Image Source: vitacost
2. Have breakfast- It doesn’t matter how late you are running for your work; you should never skip eating your breakfast. Breakfast is considered as the most important meal of the day for a reason. Your body functions in such a way, that it expects to get food at the fixed time each day and when you skip your breakfast you are more likely to over-eat during your lunch time. When you wake up in the morning your body has been in a fasting mode for several hours and is in dire need of food. Skipping breakfast disrupts the normal functioning of the body and slows down your metabolism, making you feel lethargic throughout the day.
Image Source: quicklypopular
Also Read: Can Green Tea Help Reduce Weight?
3. Pay attention to your food- You may have heard several times that one should not speak too much or watch T.V while eating your food. This so because when you are focussing on another thing apart from your food you are more likely to eat much more than what you should. But this does not mean that you cannot speak a word while eating. Just be little cautious of how much food you are putting on your plate and eventually in your stomach.
Image Source: stocksy
4. Avoid overcooking- When you overcook your food you are not only spoiling the crunchiness and texture of the food but you are reducing the number of nutrients. This way you don’t feel satisfied and start feeling hungry very soon. A better way is to eat raw food items as much as possible such as salads. Also, when you cook your food make sure not to overcook it so that all the nutrients stay intact.
Image Source: cloudfront
5. Eat fruits before meals- When you eat fruits on an empty stomach your system actually gets detoxified and your energy levels get boosted up. You can eat any fruit of your choice 30 minutes before eating your dinner and by the time you are ready for dinner, the fruits will be digested.
Also Read: 7 Ultimate Morning Drinks to Make Your Fat Melt Like Butter
Image Source: rifeshare
6. Have more frequent smaller meals- Instead of having 3 big meals per day one should have five to six small meals a day with 2-3 hours gap between each meal. This way your metabolism stays active and working all day long. But make sure that you eat smaller meals or else you will start putting on extra pounds.
Image Source: idratherbesweating
7. Have an early dinner- Doesn’t matter if you are trying to lose weight or not, in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you must eat your dinner before 8 o’clock. Having your dinner before 8 o’clock ensures that you don’t indulge in any snack before dinner and along with the food you eat gets enough time to get digested well before you hit the bed.
Image Source: hellawella
8. Drink water timely- We all know that drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day is very important for the healthy functioning of the body. But not a lot of people are aware of the fact that the time at which you drink water too is very crucial. For example, drinking water just before having your meal or in between your meal may dilute the digestive juice, thus messing up your digestion. In order to avoid any such situation, you should drink water 15-20 minutes before or after having your meal.